#CAS16 - Woman's Automotive Forum, a Different Perspective

Discussion in 'Events and Gatherings' started by xcel, Feb 17, 2016.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

#CAS16

Hi All:

I was fortunate to be the only male on a panel talking about the Female automotive buying process and perspective!

#ChicagonistaLIVE! with ABC7s Janet Davies moderating, Sinclair Groups Jill Ciminillo, Chicago Auto Shows Jennifer Morand and CleanMPG's Wayne Gerdes, the #OddManOut. :)

Wayne

2. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

Reminds me of self-defense classes for women... invariably, there's a gentleman who's dressed up in padding and gets kicked and punched, usually you know where. (didn't watch the video yet; can't till I get home from work)

xcel likes this.
  3. xcel

Hi Bill:

They were gentle. Except for the first barb. ;)

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I'm inclined to smirk , but I think I should watch this with an open mind. As a man , it behooves me to understand how women think. And I like Jill !

xcel and BillLin like this.
  5. Prozac

Prozac Well-Known Member

Jill was fun while doing the Across the States in 48. Is she still running marathons in her "spare" time?

xcel likes this.
  6. xcel

Hi John:

Yes she does. She broke a foot two years ago and it took a year to recover but she is back at it.

Wayne

7. BillLin

BillLin MASS: 2018 Bolt EV and 2017 Prime

I couldn't bear to watch the whole video. (didn't have time, actually...) :)

Too much gender stereotyping in the first segment (only part I saw). I think I may be a woman trapped in a man's body, the way I think and shop and compare. :) Wayne had finally softened his male stance a bit when I stopped watching. Wayne was just relating to how CleanMPG offers more in the way of gender neutral research and discussions. Nothing changed in my mind after watching the clip of the clip, but I liked the idea of the CAS16 event as a way for people to actually touch the cars. It would likely be an entirely different feeling when one tries that at a car dealership, even in today's "enlightened" dealership environment.

xcel likes this.
  8. xcel

Hi Bill:

Perfect summation. Especially
    Wayne

BillLin likes this.