2016 Volvo XC90 Hybrid SUV - Review

Discussion in '4x4's, SUV's and P/U Trucks' started by driveXperience, Feb 10, 2016.

1. driveXperience

driveXperience New Member

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

hybrid-cars are known for fuel efficiency, but for driving pleasure?We are German car journalists and filmers and we tested the new 2016 Volvo XC90 Hybrid SUV in the Austrian alps in snow and – of course - we put the pedal to the metal on the German autobahn: The big elegant Volvo definitely has a small engine and is also a little bit tricky. But is it fun to drive? And how about its fuel saving technology?

We would be glad if you embed or share our Volvo review on your online platforms.

Dankeschön from Germany!

2. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Meh. Wake me up when the new V60 gets here, perhaps even with a new Drive-E 3-cylinder. As it is I can't figure out what to do with the 240hp provided by the "T5" engine in my S60, and that's the lowest-power engine available here. I'd go as far as to say that it's somewhat less fun to drive than some lower-powered vehicles I've owned for the simple fact that there's absolutely no circumstance under which I can responsibly and sanely use the full potential of the drivetrain. Don't get me wrong, I love the thing, but Eco mode is where it impresses the most and I'd take another few MPG (and a stick shift?) decades before I spent $70k on a 400hp PHEV of any make or model.

BillLin likes this.
  3. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Seems like Europeans are as hell-bent on using up our remaining fossil fuels as North Americans are. Do low oil prices make the right foot heavier ? They do here. I love the current Volvos with the 240 HP four , but I agree it's way more than you need.

BillLin likes this.