I remembered that I had an extra compact spare laying around that I got for $60 on Craigslist. So I opened the hatch. Removed the coroplast cover: Removed the left and right cargo trays: And found that there is room for a spare with a hold down for the tire. I added the tire (still need to get a bolt and large washer to hold the tire down) jack and lug wrench (will wrap in towel and bungee in) Replaced the coroplast cover. Done. Since the foam pieces under the cover have been removed, there is less support for heavy objects in the rear and may cause the coroplast cover to buckle. If the weight is placed on top of the tire, there is plenty of support. Optionally you could carve up the foam pieces that were removed to fit around the tire and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The spare tire weighs 28 lb, while the parts removed are 8 lb. So this mod adds 20 lb. Update!