EV mode problems?

Discussion in 'ScanGauge' started by trexmpg, Jan 20, 2016.

1. trexmpg

trexmpg Member

Sorry for the double post, but I thought this might be the better section to post in.

Just bought a Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid, so for the sake of this post, please ignore my sig (if it is still visible).

1. I understand that during EV mode, the engine is switched off and the car is propelled by battery power only. However, when I watch my scangauge, it shows that during EV mode operation, instead of "9999", I see random numbers in the range of "~200-800 mpg".

2. When my car is in EV mode at stops, the scanguage shows my "avg mpg" for the trip to be dropping (24.6, 24.4, 24.3, 24.2, etc). This is even with the engine off and LOD "0".

I have set the fuel type to HYBRID.

Are these situations normal for other hybrid owners? When I finish driving, my car will display a readout of the trip MPG, and that number always differs from what SG shows me. Sometimes that number is off by 10 mpg. Having driven a conventional ICE before, I do not know what to make of this.

2. ksstathead

ksstathead Moderator

SG reports .02 gph used by Prius sometimes when actual is zero.
    Contact the company with the facts set forth above, and see if a fix is available.

3. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

There is a fixed firmware available.

4. trexmpg

trexmpg Member

UPDATE for those who run into the same problem with hybrid cars and scangauge:

I watched my GPH for a while and noticed that it would read 0.05 GPH when the engine is off and car is in EV mode. I contacted Linear Logic (the manufacturer of scangauge) and explained the issue.

They offered a free upgrade for my device. I just had to ship it to their factory. I received my updated scangauge back within the week.

Now the MPG reads 9999 when I am in EV mode, whether I am idling or moving. The fix was successful.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BillLin likes this.