1/12/2016 - Fuel Prices near you?

Discussion in 'Fuel' started by xcel, Jan 12, 2016.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

The 2016 #Toyota #Prius hits the road again but first...

Now look at the fuel price at this Shell in Albion, MI. I used my Fuel Rewards Network card which lowered it another $0.05/gal.

I have not fueled up so inexpensively in over 15 years!

Wayne

FB_IMG_1452639651587.jpg FB_IMG_1452639657816.jpg

2. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

$2.04 is the lowest I've seen on my commute, and that's insanely cheap for this state. The last time I saw prices in the $1.60 range I was in SC waiting for the US economy to collapse.

xcel likes this.
  3. fishnrib

fishnrib Christian

Oil is selling for $30 a barrel today the lowest since 2003 and regular gas at Costco today was $1.619 today.

xcel likes this.
  4. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Amazing. I think last time I saw that price was almost 20 years ago. $2.40 in Northern CA at Costco. But only 3 years ago I remember it hit over $4 when they transitioned to a different bland. Bad news for fuel efficient car sales however to me personally it doesn't diminish love for fuel efficient cars:).

Wayne: Looks pretty snowy up there. Hope you won't run into too much trouble with weather conditions.

xcel likes this.
  5. DaveJ

DaveJ Well-Known Member

We have a few stations selling for 1.569 and the rest at 1.729 here in town.

xcel likes this.
  6. rossbro

rossbro Well-Known Member

A buck fifty seven in Myrtle Beach

xcel likes this.
  7. Something wrong with that pic. Lowest prices you've seen in 15 years and only cars getting gas are a Prius and the Volt behind it.

I had $0.10 on my Fuel rewards, but have to use premium.

xcel likes this.
  8. alster

alster Well-Known Member

Prices for regular gas at Costco in Warrenton Oregon, which is Northwestern Oregon, is as of 011216 $2.149 / gal. regular, Fred Meyer (Kroeger) in Warrenton, $2.199 / gal reg. Diesel
    @ Fred Meyer, $2.199 / gal. , Costco does not sell diesel. Its been a while where diesel is the same as regular gas. In the past Diesel was usually more than Premium gas. I did not
    see oil at $30.00 bbl coming, almost everything, well actually everything, in one way or another is related somehow to the use of oil other prices should come down as well, like tires etc.

If you have an electric car and you are paying .20 / KWH or more you may be better off with a Prius as it would be less per mile to run with gas when its well below $2/ gal.

xcel likes this.
  9. Gord

Gord Super Moderator Staff Member

In the UK, the 4 big supermarkets including Asda (Walmart) have cut the price of regular to below £1/litre so US equivalent is $5.44/GallUS (of which over $4 is tax :rolleyes:)

xcel likes this.
  10. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Well-Known Member

about $1.72 most shell stations in NOLA-south louisiana 87 octane
    This is roughly what it bottomed to after the 2008 crash-after peaking here-new orleans suburbs-at about $$4.05 IN 2008

in 2002-2003 before the Iraq war 2-I was commuting-about 110 miles/d-in a V-8 Tundra- 17 mpg on the mostly hy trip(pitiful the ancient HUGE 4400 vs 5200 lb 1998 Suburban would have beaten it by "a little")
    so I was concerned about cost-
    it was $9/d for fuel- roughly $1.55/gallon
    before the Gulf War run-up-say 2000 2001 it was about $1 to $1.25-

Bit of reflection below
    When I bought the 98 Tacoma-AT 4 CYLINDER -used in 2000-2001
    I questioned myself for a few seconds-
    "with gas at 98 cents a gallon-why am I buying an economy truck?'-so dead sure it was 98 cents then
    But bought it anyway-
    because like the rest of you
    there is an inherent beauty to efficiency
    and I am CHEAP-something you folks(ha,ha) aren't!!

Charlie
    PS 1-13-2016-actually $1.63-shell 87 octane-dropping almost a dime in a few days

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    xcel likes this.
  11. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

$1.969 for E10 87 at our Circle-K (Shell) on Eola Rd.

xcel likes this.
  12. JonNC

JonNC Driving Smarter Since 06/07/2011

My local Shell station (the only one I really pay attention to) has:
    Regular 87 E-10 for $1.95
    87 E-0 $2.25
    93 $2.55

Thanks $0.35 per gallon state tax...

xcel likes this.
  13. Die2self

Die2self Saving more by using less!

Charlie that CHEAP gene is more common than you think :p. I also, have the CHEAP gene.
    Anywhere from $1.539 to $1.639 depending on the location of the station around town.

xcel likes this.
  14. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Well-Known Member

Jason
    yep -you are right-
    bet it is pretty common here!

xcel likes this.
  15. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi James:
    Not that this means anything but because we are driving Prius' and Volt's today is part of why fuel prices are so low. A small part anyway. Global demand is at its highest but in the U.S., we are down about 5 percent from 15 years ago. Good news but not great news.

Wayne