Nissan/BMW Collaboration to Bring Level3 Charging to BEV Owners in 19 States

Discussion in 'BMW' started by xcel, Dec 28, 2015.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] 120, 50 kW CHAdeMO and SAE Level3s on the docket for customer quick charging.

[​IMG]Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Dec. 22, 2015

BMW i3 and Nissan Leaf charging side by side on an SAE and CHAdeMO combo charger.

Earlier this week Nissan and BMW announced they are collaborating on 120 public fast charging stations in 19 states to support Nissan LEAF, future IDS, BMW i3 and i8 customers and to promote increased adoption of battery electric vehicles (BEVs) nationwide.

Nissan and BMW are attempting to relieve the BEV range anxiety problem by supplying additional public fast-charging options in markets across the country. The build out will provide BEV drivers the ability to extend the length of their short range electric mobility choice.

The Nissan and BMW’s fast-charger buildout is already available in parts of California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, North and South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

[​IMG]

The new locations will offer a dual 50 kW fast-charging station with both CHAdeMO and SAE Combo connectors, serving owners of both Nissan LEAF and BMW i3 BEVs as well as all BEV drivers whose vehicles are equipped with Level3 charging ports. These 50 kW stations can charge Nissan and BMW BEVs up to 80 percent in about 20-30 minutes.

Drivers can easily locate the chargers with ConnectedDrive in the BMW i3 using the in-vehicle Navigation or by using the BMW i Remote App or via the Nissan EZ-Charge smartphone app. These Level3s are compatible with the Nissan EZ-Charge cards as well.