Warm December in Northern Illinois

Discussion in 'Weather' started by xcel, Dec 13, 2015.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

#Weather #Winter #Temperatures - Our home in far Northern IL in mid December is almost as warm as our home in San Diego. Damn!

Posted from the LG G4.

Wayne

IMG_20151213_145746.jpg

2. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Wayne,
    It was 70 today in the burgh and I'm loving it as far as my gas bills go for the house and work.
    Enjoy it while you can, it is suppose to get cold over the weekend and then warm up again.

Late December early January it suppose to change over to colder and snowier than normal
    for the mid-west and east through mid March. There is a reason for my posting those
    Saturday weather summaries, it gives you a general idea what to expect over the next few weeks.

Al

xcel likes this.
  3. xcel

Hi Al:

Thanks!

Heading back to California on Wednesday so back to the darn sun and decent warm winter weather...

I might be coming back for the Detroit NAIAS in mid January however.

Interested in going?

Wayne

4. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Wayne,

Maybe,

Al

xcel likes this.
  5. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

It was in the low 70's here in the DC area today. Wish I could have taken the bike for a ride, but alas, I needed to take more with me than even I could pack on the bike. The Escape loved the trip though. My dash display is still reading over 40 MPG for the tank. I filled up in Winchester on Friday night, drove home, then I drove to Manassas today, from Manassas to Vienna, Vienna to Herndon, and then back home to Sterling. Contemplating on taking it into Downtown DC tomorrow, or I might just take the work van. Not sure which I'm taking yet.

xcel likes this.
  6. xcel

Hi Jay:

That was a great description of a great day in more ways then one! :)

Wayne

08EscapeHybrid likes this.
  7. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

Very warm here is eastern Massachusetts. The ground isn't even frozen yet. We have averaged in the mid-40's day and night for the past couple of weeks.

Only had to scrape my windshield about 4 times so far this year. My iPod Classic can stay in the car on most nights.

xcel likes this.