Where did the mileage logs go?.

Discussion in 'General' started by moneysaver, Dec 13, 2015.

1. moneysaver

moneysaver Well-Known Member

it has been a while since I have come on the website to post but I religiously use the milage logs to keep track of my milage... Since the new layout, I can't seem to find the link to mileage logs. If anyone knows we're to access them, I would appreciate the help in locating them. Thanks....

xcel likes this.
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi MoneySaver:

We swapped to the new Server, OS, forum software and gallery last weekend. Matthew is still working on bringing the mileage logs over and straightening out the tens of thousands of broken urls.

Wayne

3. moneysaver

moneysaver Well-Known Member

Thanks Wayne.... The new Layout looks good so far....Hope things go smoothly.

xcel likes this.
  4. xcel

Hi MoneySaver:

It has been a rough first week with a lot more work to go but it is coming along.

Do you see an upload file button next to the post reply button?

Thanks in advance

Wayne

5. waltermlee

waltermlee Well-Known Member

Wow - you are really are keeping busy!

xcel likes this.
  6. xcel

7. schuylkill

schuylkill Well-Known Member

I highlighted your text and a copy flyout appeared, nice automation. I see an Upload button and a more options button. I too miss the mileage log, in fact I am twitching waiting for its migration. I have entered every tank my elantra has received since new. It was your top pick for my purchase at the time, Wayne, and it hasn't disappointed me. The free Hyundai cash has also been a nice plus. The preview button is now under the more options button.

xcel likes this.
  8. xcel

Hi Schuylkill:

Even today the Elantra is still extremely relevant. I am in a 16 Civic EX this week and while truly an advanced C-segment with great looks, excellent chassis - read handling other than on-center feel and the latest infotainment, there is decontenting that bring it down into the Elantra realm even today. Seat heaters in any of the lower end trims is lacking whereas the Elantra from the SE packages onward include those.

The key is price. If you are military, with a Hyundai and going to school, you can pick up a 16 Elantra with the AT for < $12k brand new!

Civic, closer to $19k for something similarly equipped.

Wayne

9. Massageguy

Massageguy Active Member

I'm waiting for the mileage logs too, although I have also been keeping track on my own Excel spreadsheet as well. The mileage logs are a motivator. I also believe and wonder that the auto companies might be using the mileage logs for research purposes. I'm also contemplating what my next car will be when I buy one in 2017, the Prius has been an amazing vehicle for energy efficiency.

10. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

The Canadian Civic LX is better equipped. I'd actually encourage Civic shoppers living in the northern states to consider importing one from Canada, for more features and a few thousand in savings. I found the Elantra seat heaters kind of weak, all the heat is concentrated in the bottom cushion with very little heat for the torso. The Civic's were better.

xcel likes this.
  11. worthywads

worthywads Don't Feel Like Satan, I am to AAA

Bump, will there be logs?

12. bc104

bc104 Member

I've been tracking my mileage since I bought my car new in 2007. Now the mileage logs are MIA. Can we have access to the data so I can export it? Obviously this isn't life or death, but it's something I've been working on for almost 9 years. I'd like to have that data, please.

13. xcel

Hi All:

Matthew is still working on it.

Wayne

14. JonNC

JonNC Driving Smarter Since 06/07/2011

So I stood out in 39° windy weather for ~20-25 minutes filling up today and I can't even log it??!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am quite partial to our first world problems.

:p:D:)

xcel likes this.
  15. xcel

Hi Jon:

First world problems. :)

Matthew is on vacation this weekend so hopefully we will see some progress sometime next week.

Wayne

JonNC likes this.
  16. RichXKU

RichXKU Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JonNC and xcel like this.
  17. The Fridge

The Fridge Well-Known Member

Just by chance I did an export of my data about a month ago - a guy at work was raving about lucas oil fuel additive so I ran a few tanks with it and saw no change whatsoever. When he saw my graphs he said "oh I guess it doesn't help if you are already hypermiling" He still claims it's worth it as long as gas is above $2/gallon... Whatever.
    No hurry on the mileage logs, I get it that swapping site software is a big job. Thanks for keeping the site going all this time.

xcel likes this.
  18. worthywads

worthywads Don't Feel Like Satan, I am to AAA

No rush Wayne, my last fill interval was 2 months, and I've been walking to work the last 3 weeks, I may need to log a tank in March though. ;)

xcel likes this.
  19. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I'm waiting patiently. :) I will be using a tank about every 7 days , winter.

xcel likes this.
  20. aca2983

aca2983 Well-Known Member

Without logs there is less and less reason to come to this site.

JonNC, xcel and bc104 like this.