Winter of 2015 Drives

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by xcel, Dec 3, 2015.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

It is going to be a busy next few weeks.

Refreshed 16 Altima beginning tomorrow, the 4th - 10th, Civic from the 10th - 16th, Titan XD from the 16th - 21st, 16 Volt from the 21st - 28th, and a 16 Passat TSI from the 28th into the New Year.

Wayne

2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Hi Wayne ,
    Do you know yet which Civic you will be driving ?

xcel likes this.
  3. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Well-Known Member

I getting a hip replaced in 10 days , so no driving for at least 6 weeks :eek:
    I usually do not believe in pray , :rolleyes:
    But
    I will be letting the wife do all the driving so say one for me :p

Looking forward to the review on the volt , wish they would do one in a CUV, so it would be easier to get into

xcel likes this.
  4. xcel

Hi Edwin:

I have no idea??? Probably a 31/42 mpgUS city/highway rated EX-L with NAVI as that is a common Press Fleet configuration. If so, it will include the 1.5L Turbo. Neither good or bad imho.

Airbalancer, it will be an interesting week with the Volt for sure.

Wayne

5. Where is the titan drive? Need a passenger? Stumps to pull, house to drag?

Meeting up with the GM engineer over the past few weeks, got to spend a few minutes checking out his 16 volt test vehicle the othet day. Friday hr showed up in an Opel ampera. He's coming back tomorrow too.

6. xcel

Hi James:

Fly out to Calif.? ;)

I tried to setup an event drive with a number of us and journalists in a bevy of 16 Titan XD's. You were going to be part of that drive. Nissan legal killed it about three months ago. :(

Wayne

7. Got to sit in the 16 volt with a 'no pics' and a lot of polite 'I can't answer that'. It has grown on me some since the show this January.

Dealership called today and said engineers are coming tomorrow to replace my inverter. There is light at the end of the tunnel

xcel likes this.
  8. xcel

Hi All:

There may be a little drive with a bevy of 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrids coming up very soon too. More info as I receive it.

[​IMG]

Wayne

9. Airbalancer

Only $45,500 everything in for the Limited in Canada , no tech package for Rav 4 hybrid :eek:

xcel likes this.
  10. xcel

Hi Airbalancer:

Canadian automobile prices are kind of high in the first place right? How does it compare to the CR-V, Santa Fe/Tucson, Rogue and CX-5?

Wayne

11. xcel

Hi All:

I have been anxiously waiting for the 2016 Sonata PHEV-27 to arrive into the LA Press Fleet and I received the following note this morning from a Hyundai PR rep. A Sunday morning no less!:
    I will schedule it as soon as possible!!!

[​IMG]

I cannot wait!!!

Wayne

rhwinger likes this.
  12. Airbalancer

Got out the hospital with a new hip I will check those prices tomorrow

13. rfruth

rfruth Well-Known Member

Anything on the 2016 Chevy Spark (no blind side monitoring) ?

14. xcel

Hi Rfruth:

Not really on my radar. The Spark Manager just moved to a new position within GM and I have no idea who is taking over.

I am scheduled for a 16 Volt next week, a 16 Passat through the New Years and a RAM 1500 HFE with the EcoDiesel from the 4th through the 11th. Not sure if I will make it to the 2016 NAIAS in Detroit - short on $s, and if not, either a 2016 Chrysler 200, Audi A3 e-tron, Hyundai Sonata PHEV-27 or Jeep Grand Cherokee with the EcoDiesel are on the list until I drive the 2016 Sentra refresh on the 24th through the 26th.

2016 Nisssan Sentra

[​IMG]

I will fit those along with the Colorado and Canyon Duramax into the schedule after the 2016 Chicago Auto Show in mid-February through Spring.

Wayne

15. xcel

16. If you are coming for NAIAS you know I'm up for it!

17. xcel

Hi James:

Will look for flights into Chicago and a hotel outside of town tonight...

Just not sure yet.

Wayne

18. xcel

Hi James:

We are good to go.

I set us up for a Mercedes-Benz party for the night of January 10th and a "Private" Volt owners preview of the Bolt from the Renaissance Center with COBO center transportation on the morning of the 11th including a nice brunch. It takes care of our NAIAS parking problem on the 11th anyway.

I will be driving up in a 16 RX 450h but we should take your Volt the rest of the way to the show for the GM "private Bolt presentation."

I will start looking for a hotel tomorrow.

Wayne

19. Nice! I'm geeked.

I'm staying around Lansing Michigan right now. Still have my place in Albion so we could meet there if needed, no problem.