BMW announces new 123d with 45mpg -- but not for US :(

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by tarabell, Jul 2, 2007.

1. tarabell

tarabell Well-Known Member

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/07/01/bmw-announces-new-123d-with-45mpg-but-not-for-us/

I don't usually admire cars a whole lot but have to say the one in the photo is awfully cute.

2. prasadee

prasadee Member

On the same lines, I would like the Mazda 2 please. I am sure the BMW prices will not excite me, but the Mazda prices will. The only reason I am staying away from Mazda 3 is its MPG. MAzda 2 is supposed to give 45MPG.

3. c0da

c0da Well-Known Member

Mazda2 was the Demio in other countries right? I've read up on that and I think it's going to come here as the Ford Fiesta. I have a feeling they're going to ugly it up for the American version, but I hope it keeps its miller-cycle engine with great MPG.

We shall see.

4. aca2983

aca2983 Well-Known Member

Once again, the biggest annoyance in journalism regarding any discussion of MPG- automotive press or general media....

PLEASE MAKE A DISTINCTION BETWEEN IMPERIAL OR US GALLONS.

5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Aca2983:

___Fortunately for us, we can all figure it out very quickly and 2., we know either can be smashed to bits! The APA/Honeywell Turbo Diesel Ride and Drive seminar I was at this past week had a BMW 330d w/ the V6 and I know that thing is an easy 50 + no matter what the Euro Extra Urban says it cannot do :D We did not get the chance to drive it however :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne

6. whtdvl

whtdvl Well-Known Member

the U.S. definitely needs more diesel options.

Whether from Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc..

If they were to bring over the Diesel Civic with the quality we all can count on Honda for I would be sold..And probably not have to buy another car for 10+ years