Labor Day Weekend 2015: New 2015 Toyota Prius’ - $6,000 USD off

Discussion in 'Automotive Hot Deals' started by xcel, Sep 6, 2015.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

On the eve of the Generation IV 2016 Toyota Prius to be revealed to the public in Las Vegas on Tuesday, dealers are dealing to clear out inventory for the 2016’s scheduled to arrive just after the New Year.

2015 Toyota Prius – Sept. 6, 2015 West Coast TrueCar Price Report

[​IMG]

The Midwest and East Coast are experiencing discounts of just over $5k.

As of now, there is no other car in the world so recognizable and known for its fuel savings ways. The wing shaped aero profile with a Cd of 0.25 and its 51/48 mpgUS city/highway EPA rating cement its reputation as 4-million owners have experienced firsthand.

[​IMG]
    Par for the compact segment and a little short for the midsize.​

With 93.7 and 21.6 cu. ft. of passenger and cargo volume receptively, the current third generation Prius is also classified as a midsize.

Inside the displays provide a futuristic appearance albeit the dated but carbon neutral sourced plastics and poor taller driver ergonomics take away from its persona.

[​IMG]
    Nice look but the IP is cheap and the infotainment falls short.​

The Prius’ full hybrid drivetrain is what makes it a world class fuel saver however. The atkinsonized 98 hp and 105 lb-ft of torque 1.8L I4 sounds anemic but mated to the Hybrid synergy drive, total system output jumps to over 134 hp, enough to drive the 3,048 lb. car to 60 mph in 9.5 seconds.

To improve both efficiency and lower the total cost of ownership – cost from purchase to disposal – the Prius has an electric water pump, electric A/C compressor, electric power steering, and transverter providing a charge to the small 12V from the boosted to 650V, 201V 1.3 kWh NiMH traction battery removing the cost of any belt replacement over the life of the vehicle. The regenerative braking system recuperates braking energy normally lost to heat in a standard car and saves on disc brake replacement over the life of the car as well.

[​IMG]
    Where the magic occurs.​

2015 Toyota Prius Trims and Retail Pricing

The 2015 Toyota Prius is available in four trims and a special edition model, - Two, Three, Persona, Four and Five.

Prius Two ($25,025 incl. D&H) includes auto-off headlamps, LED DRLs, tail and stop lights, heated folding power outside mirrors, 15” alloys, intermittent rear wiper, rear spoiler, tilt/telescopic wheel with controls for audio, climate, the multi-information display and Bluetooth; auto climate with dust and pollen filter; Proximity Key for the driver’s door with push button start and remote illuminated entry and Display Audio.

Prius Three ($26,590 incl. D&H) includes all of the above plus Display Audio w/ SW Navigation, Entune App Suite, SiriusXM, HD Radio and an integrated Backup Camera.

The Persona Series ($27,995) is a Prius Three with outside turn signals, dark 17” alloys and Persona badging.

Prius Four ($29,260 incl. D&H) adds to the Three above auto headlights on and off as needed, 8 JBL GreenEdge – energy saving – speakers, HomeLink Garage, gate and home controls, heated 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar, SofTex – a type of soft synthetic leather – seats and wheel.

Prius Five ($30,830) adds to the Four 17” alloys, LED Headlamps, integrated fog lamps.

[​IMG]
    A 2014 Prius Five we reviewed a few years back.​

2015 Toyota Prius Safety

The Prius is equipped with front, side, side curtains and a driver’s knee airbag.

Passively, the Prius includes ABS, VSC, EBD, BA, TRAC and brake-override system.

2015 Toyota Prius IIHS Top Safety Pick+ Rating

[​IMG]

2015 Toyota Prius NHTSA 4-Star Crash test Rating

[​IMG]

Despite the third gen Prius’ ergonomic, interior quality, infotainment, and handling, shortcomings vs. the very latest competitors offerings, when you can pick up a Prius Three for ~ $20,500 USD new incl. mats and D&H, it may just be the smartest choice you ever made for your own drive.

Wayne

2. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

That is a very good price. :) I paid $20K including sales tax (7%) for my 2010 and that was with the $4,500 cash for clunkers rebate.

There are advantages to cheap gas and this is one of them. ;)

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Al:

Indeed it is! I hope some members find this deal useful.

Wayne

4. No Static At All

No Static At All Active Member

What a FANTASTIC deal. I'd like one, but not with the high YEARLY personal property tax in Virginia. I'll stick with my paid for yota for a while longer.

Thanks for sharing the find!!

5. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

By now it's clear that I bought my used one a year too early! Prices of new and used Prii had to started to fall by then, but not so much.

6. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I couldn't wait longer to purchase my Prius ; we REALLY needed a car and fast. But I got a pretty decent deal ; $20,900 against a sticker of $25,250. I have no complaint.

There's never been a better time to buy a hybrid , folks. What are you waiting for ?