10th gen Honda Civic to Debut Sept 16

Discussion in 'Honda' started by Jay, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

xcel likes this.
  2. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

****yawn***

3. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

sorry, but after all this time those pics are looking .... eeehhh , .... yeah .....

Edit... On second look , I dunno... I'll have to see it without the camo

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Regardless of what we think , Honda will sell a LOT of these. The 1.5 turbo engine is sort of overkill, but I guess that's what Americans want. And knowing Honda, it WILL be more efficient than its predecessor. I'll be watching.

xcel likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

Not much hope of grill blocking that puppy. And WHY is every manufacturer in love with those silly, gigantic corner of the bumper "ports"? Symptom of an auto industry in some sorta phase, like the tail fin nonsense?

xcel likes this.
  6. EdwinTheMagnificent

Tail fins were (possibly) less hideous. This ties with the padded vinyl "landau" roof for ugliness. I do hope it's a temporary fad. My own 3rd-gen Prius looks "normal" compared to modern cars.

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

This year, its tacky chrome strips slapped on in random places. Next year gets the vinyl roof. Japanese and Korean car stylists have more ugly to find in their designs.

8. Mendel Leisk

Hyundai seems to be the instigator of the amoeba headlight clusters, SO popular.

Round would seem a sensible shape. Well, now they're triangular, and even that wasn't enough, they've gotta grab each corner of the triangle and stretch it out out out.

Sorry, I'm going a little nuts of the latest Gen 4 Prius pics.

xcel likes this.
  9. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

I'm just happy the hatch is coming back.

xcel likes this.
  10. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

For the silly gigantic fake brake-cooling air ducts, because we want to look like racers? That's unless the car has fog lights, in which case the "ports" are places to attach the fog lights. Cars with fog lights are so sporty that they don't have to pretend to need brake ducts too.

xcel likes this.
  11. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Agreed heartily, as long as it's not styled like the Crosstour.

xcel likes this.
  12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Free tickets to the LA event if you RSVP early:
    http://www.civicx.com/threads/official-invite-to-2016-honda-civic-sedan-la-reveal-sept-16.109/

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    xcel likes this.
  13. EdwinTheMagnificent

I'm guessing NO hatchback , unless maybe , just maybe , they make the Si a hatch.

Not the Civic hatch most of us would want.

xcel likes this.
  14. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Not at this debut, Edwin. What I'm hearing is that Honda is showing only the sedan on the 16th. The coupe, the Si, and the hatchback will be shown later. The type R; much later.

xcel likes this.
  15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

16. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

I think I like the styling. I'm still a little iffy on Honda's new chrome grille but it flows pretty well otherwise. Rear headroom looks pinched by the sweeping roof line, though.

xcel likes this.
  17. Mendel Leisk

Not bad. But then, I'm still reeling from the 4th gen Prius debacle. Funny: looks like an Accord, in stature, proportions.

18. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I hear that the 10th gen Civic is built on the Accord platform. I'm not digging the new fad of slapping chrome here and there. It looks tacky to me but that can be painted over. The 4th gen Prius is another story. That can't be fixed with paint. However, that car has expensive double-wishbone rear suspension, the interior is pretty cool, it gets better gas mileage, and Toyota claims it handles much better. If you can hold your nose, you could probably get them sharply discounted at the end of the model year thanks to the, ahem, "enhanced" styling.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  19. hunter44102

hunter44102 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a mini-Accord as long as the mileage is much better than Accord. I am curious if they will beat the current 39MPG on Civic, and whether they will have any time of mild or other Hybrid version

xcel likes this.
  20. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

The 2016 Honda Civic Preview from the floor of the NYIAS where it was presented for the first time this past April.

I am heading to the reveal tonight in LA. With the exceptional refreshed Accord leaving my hands, I can only imagine how Honda stepped up with the all-new 2016 Civic as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can watch the 16 Civic Reveal via YouTube Live Stream at 06:15 pm PST tonight from the following: 10th Gen 2016 Civic Reveal

Wayne