2016 Nissan Leaf's Two Batteries: 84 Miles Base, 110 Miles For Top Trims, Dealer Says

Discussion in 'BEV or Battery Electric Vehicle' started by JohnM, Aug 18, 2015.

1. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

With many 2016 model details already released by other makers, the specs of the 2016 Nissan Leaf electric car remain conspicuously absent as the U.S. heads toward its Labor Day holiday.

But a posting by a Nissan dealer in Indiana suggests that high-end models of the coming year's Leaf will feature a larger battery pack to give them more range, possibly "as much as 110 miles."

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/2016-nissan-leafs-two-batteries-84-miles-110-120000087.html

2. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

Re: 2016 Nissan Leaf's Two Batteries: 84 Miles Base, 110 Miles For Top Trims, Dealer

We should have official news on this, very soon. I hope they are improving the aero drag, as well as increasing the battery capacity.

3. rdprice64

rdprice64 Still Learning

Re: 2016 Nissan Leaf's Two Batteries: 84 Miles Base, 110 Miles For Top Trims, Dealer

Some of us can get 110 miles now ;-) It does take perfect weather and planning though, so it will be nice to have a slightly bigger pack and it's always nice to have better aero. Let's hope for both!

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA He who posts articles

kinda surprised there hasn't been any concrete from Nissan yet but there were about 3000-3500 2015 LEAFs on the lots and pipeline at the end of July and I think they were putting off announcements and intro until that number drops a bit. Now if you can live with the shorter range, I am guessing you will see some great deals on 2015's