2015 CRV added to the fleet

Discussion in 'Honda' started by some_other_dave, Aug 17, 2015.

1. some_other_dave

some_other_dave Well-Known Member

For $(REASONS), Da Boss decided we needed an SUV. So we added a 2015 Honda CRV to the fleet. Still has under 300 miles in it, because it's not a primary commute vehicle. We're leasing for less than $250/month, I believe.

CVT and largish I4 is an interesting combination. It will drop down to ~1200 RPM at basically any halfway-reasonable speed, and will only rev up when you push the loud pedal down. Acceleration is decidedly on the adequate side, even if you mash the pedal. It's comfortable, but Da Boss says that riding in the back where there are any curves makes her feel seasick.

It has an instantaneous MPG readout right in front of the driver, which is not bad, but it's just a sliding scale and I haven't yet found a trip MPG function.

Still, it is competent, and it meets Da Boss' requirements. So what the heck, right?

-soD

2. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

It has been said by men far wiser than I am: "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." The way I look at it CUVs are today's wagons. Do I like it? No. But I grudgingly accept it (mostly), and I'm impressed by entries like the CX-5 and Earth Dreams-equipped CR-V. I'll be really interested to hear more of your impressions of the drivetrain once it has some more miles and you have some more time in the driver's seat. Honda really seems to have sorted out the 2.4L I-4 / CVT combination but I'd rather go on the impressions of CleanMPG members than the consensus of the general interwebz.

A high belt line can cause or exacerbate the seasickness thing. Maybe that's the issue? My parents, who raised three mildly motion-sick boys, have spent the last couple of decades ridiculing modern automotive design and lamenting the plight of the poor parents who have to clean up after kids who don't agree with it.