Where in the U.S. Are You Most Likely to Die in a Car Crash?

Discussion in 'Traffic and Safety' started by JohnM, Mar 22, 2015.

1. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

The world is becoming a safer place in terms of dying while driving. From 2005 to 2013, traffic deaths in the U.S. dropped from 39,000 down to 30,000. But 82 people a day, on average, are still suffering fatal injuries behind the wheel — and a new report shows where those deaths are most likely to happen.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/where-u-most-likely-die-car-crash-193031742.html

2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I would think the most deaths will be happening in China. Their driving skills are legendary.

3. fuzzy

fuzzy Mild hypermiler

Unfortunately, this article focuses on traffic deaths per capita, not per vehicle miles traveled. That is why Clark County makes the list. It has a population of under 1000, but has very many outside vehicles transiting on an Interstate highway and on a separate US highway. I drove by there just a few days ago.

Similar situations apply to at least two other listed counties (I haven't checked the rest), the article acknowledges only the low population of just one of them.

But I'm not expecting much from a 'journalist' who misplaces Clark County ID from Idaho to Indiana.