03/15 - 03/21 - Original Ray-Ban Wayfarer Classic Sunglasses (50 and 54 mm) - $69.95

Discussion in 'Automotive Hot Deals' started by xcel, Mar 15, 2015.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer Classics are the most recognizable style in the history of sunglasses. Since it’s initial design in 1952, Wayfarer Classics gained popularity among celebrities, musicians, artists and those with an impeccable fashion sense.

[​IMG]

$69.95 - Ray-Ban RB2140 Original Wayfarer Sunglasses (50 mm or 54 mm - Classic/Regular Lens Size)

As an iconic style of sunglasses, Original Wayfarer Classics always make a statement. Choose a classic pair of black-framed Wayfarer sunglasses from a variety of lens treatments including crystal green, crystal grey gradient, G-15 polarized and more.

Solid colors, genuine since 1937, the classic G-15 was originally developed for military use, offers a high level of clarity, comfort and protection. By absorbing 85% of visible light and blocking out most of the blue light, green lenses provide remarkable color contrast. G-15 green lenses ensure better clarity of vision and a more "natural vision".

Features & Specs
    • Model: RB2140 901 50-22
    • Frame Material: Acetate
    • Frame & Temple Color: Black
    • Green Classic G-15 Lenses
    • Case Included
    • Cleaning Cloth Included
    • Made in Italy
    We can thank the strong dollar for giving us these Italy manufactured classics down in a price.

I own two pair and find the plastic lenses can scratch if not handled with kid gloves and the frame/lens combination can be a little small for maximum sun block. I do love the classic style.

As an alternate but far more expensive, Vuarnet's glass lenses are far more robust as my own pair lasted more than 25 years. I snapped a temple and have not got around to replacing it yet.

2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Re: 03/15 - 03/21 - Original Ray-Ban Wayfarer Classic Sunglasses (50 and 54 mm) - $69

I bought some of those in 1989 , when I was still wearing contact lenses. It's incredible how they remove ALL the glare , but still let thru enough light you can use them at night ( in a bright city environment). IIRC they were $50 then. Excellent sunglasses.

3. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Well-Known Member

Re: 03/15 - 03/21 - Original Ray-Ban Wayfarer Classic Sunglasses (50 and 54 mm) - $69

My are 20 years old and they are my work sun glass now, since my wife hates them now :p

4. rfruth

rfruth Well-Known Member

Sunglasses at Newegg !?!

5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Rfruth:

They sell a ton of cool things there now.

Wayne