AutoZone - $1/qt Pennzoil Ultra Platinum PurePlus Synthetic

Discussion in 'Automotive Hot Deals' started by jcp123, Mar 8, 2015.

1. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

[fflash=right]https://www.youtube.com/v/VWsOSw4rKTM?version=3[/fflash]Pennzoil Ultra Platinum -- The Best Motor Oil from Pennzoil

AutoZones in this area at least are phasing out Pennzoil Ultra Platinum full synthetic. This oil is unique in that they are using natural gas, through a GTL process, to make up the base stocks. I do not know how many outlets are doing this, but at my store we are offering 10w30 and 5w30 for $1/qt due to slow sales.

Internet research shows this is a very good oil. Check your local store, this is a fine deal if they offer it. I myself have squirreled away 18 qts of it so far for my Echo :)

Last April Pennzoil introduced Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum with PurePlus Technology full synthetic motor oils formulated from natural gas. PurePlus Technology is a patented, revolutionary process that converts pure natural gas into the first-of-its-kind, high quality full synthetic base oil. The Pennzoil Platinum line of products made with PurePlus Technology is the first major development in motor oil in more than 40 years.

Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic motor oils with PurePlus Technology are designed to provide engines Complete Protection, without compromise. Complete Protection is defined as coverage on five key areas consumers deemed as most critical for motor oil performance:
    1. Engine cleanliness
    2. Fuel Economy
    3. Conservation of horsepower
    4. Wear protection
    5. Performance in extreme temperatures
    Pennzoil Platinum premium motor oils keep pistons cleaner than any other leading synthetic, deliver better fuel economy, protect against horsepower loss, provide unsurpassed wear protection and deliver excellent performance in extreme temperatures.

The benefits of piston cleanliness, fuel economy and wear protection are derived from the combination of Pennzoil additive chemistry with PurePlus Base Oil. PurePlus Base Oils are able to fully enhance the benefits of Pennzoil additive chemistry which allow the full formulations of Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum to deliver these consumer benefits.

[​IMG]
    Pennzoil Platinum PurePlus - Lagano's NASCAR Fusion.​

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
  2. talonts

talonts Active Member

Are they clearly marked at $1, or do you have to have them scan them? What weights did you see?

I'll check in Pensacola, FL tomorrow to see if it is valid here.

3. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

It's clearance oil, so it'd be set up on some sort of table or other display whose location is at the discretion of management. The SKU is set up to automatically ring it up at $1, if the area is clearing that oil out. I only saw 5w30 and 10w30.

Thanks for the edit/additional info Wayne :)

4. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi James:

You are welcome and great post!

Wayne

5. talonts

talonts Active Member

Sadly, the one I checked only carried Rotella in 5qt jugs, no other Shell oil at all.

Good luck for those looking for it.