Samsung Galaxy S6

Discussion in 'Smartphones and GPS Navigation' started by xcel, Mar 8, 2015.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

[fflash=right]https://www.youtube.com/v/raAoYFrIm0I?version=3[/fflash]Samsung Galaxy S6 Preview

Expected Release: Early April
    Dimensions: 5.65 x 2.78 x 0.27 in
    Weight: 4.87 oz

GSM / HSPA / LTE Radios

Sim: Nano
    Fingerprint sensor

Display: 5.1 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
    Resolution: 1440 x 2560

Scaled down TouchWiz UI

CPU: 1.5 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57
    Non-expandable memory with 32/64/128 GB storage and 3 GB of RAM
    Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2550 mAh battery

Camera: 16 MP, optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash rear, 5 MP, 1080p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR front
    Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, dual-video rec.

microUSB v2.0 and 3.5mm aux jack

Wi-Fi: WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
    Bluetooth: v4.1, A2DP, LE, apt-X
    GPS: A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
    NFC and Infrared port

Qi Wireless charging

Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2

Messaging: SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
    Browser: HTML5

Colors: White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz

[​IMG]

All in compared to the current S5 flagship, future S6 owners will receive a slightly better camera, slimmer and more aesthetic trimmed exterior, higher resolution display (highly controversial that anyone can tell the difference between 1080p and closing in on 2k on this small of a display), a non-removable and smaller Li-Ion battery, non-expandable memory storage, more RAM and standard Qi charging.

The nicer looking surround is a moot point for most given the case protection you should use.

Qi charging is nice but is < $25 upgrade to make S4 and S5 Qi capable. Did this with my own S5 and my mom’s S4. It works fantastic.

The Edge? Again, what case is your smartphone in. The Edge is wasted and with a $170 upcharge over the Note4 to the Note Edge, that's nuts so I did not cover it.

The Apple iPhone 6 (4.7") and 6 Plus (5.5") make more sense with the $100 differential despite the ridiculously high prices. They however do hold their resale better as can be seen on Swappa with any carrier.

With LG G3s in the $300 range complete with larger 5.5” screens and the same resolution, same RAM and expandable memory up to 2TB via Micro SD card, Samsung is going to run into heavy pushback when trying to collect $700+ for the next generation Galaxy S6. I sure would like that improved camera and a 5.5” display with the expandability of the S5 however. Oh wait, that is the Note4. ;)

Wayne