Privledged Parking :(

Discussion in 'Hero and Jerk of the Day' started by xcel, Dec 29, 2014.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

Was out shopping with the 2014 Nissan Sentra SL the week before Christmas…

What does a compact marked space mean to you? In a packed Walmart in California, some are more privileged than others apparently. In fact almost twice as much.

Parking

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Full size PU in Compact spot :(

Wayne

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

My son went to the post office in San Diego yesterday. You can see the front end of the Prius PHEV in the pic. I see a lot of this idiocy in California. :(

[​IMG]
    Parking Jack @$$ of the Day​

Wayne

3. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Here's one from a few months back. Triple-header: BMW, 2 spaces, handicap.

Bonus photobomb by my Fit.

[​IMG]

4. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

Back in High School I was working at a parking lot across the street from the Federal Building here in town. There's a Double Tree hotel sitting there now.

A couple of Fed's parked their car and took the keys with them. Well the problem was they had blocked in another car who wanted out earlier than they were leaving so we had to move their car. No problem we had a floor jack and slim jim for these types of situations.

We jacked up the back end by placing the floor jack under the differential and pushed it out of the spot. Then just to have some fun with the guys at the federal building we moved it to the other side of the lot. :p

End of the day they come out and are standing their looking for the car where they thought they had left it. The guy I was working with pointed to it on the other side of the lot. The Fed is standing there with the keys in his hand looking dumbfounded. He asked how did you get the car from where I parked it to over there with out the keys?. I popped up and said something like "We are really good at our jobs" Not a word just a look and they left.

5. fishnrib

fishnrib Christian

6. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

The narrow passage image makes my skin crawl.

7. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

Compact space = door dings :(

8. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Well-Known Member

Narrow spaces means you have to stay in your car - because you can't open your doors to get out.

9. PaleMelanesian

Hatchback. :D

10. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's another advantage of hatchbacks, although I can't remember whether I've ever actually needed to use it.

Didn't anyone notice that the ad photo was about driving through a narrow space, not parking in it?

11. fishnrib

fishnrib Christian

You are not in the car when it parks itself.

12. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

I see so many people who don't park worth a crap or just don't give a %{€~ that it almost seems par for the course now.

Down here, parking spaces are pickup-size, so there's really no excuse.

13. PaleMelanesian

And yet the BMW I posted above needed two. This was at Lowes, so you know the spaces are big.