Lowes has Sylvania LED's on sale this week

Discussion in 'Automotive Hot Deals' started by ALS, Oct 22, 2014.

1. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

10/23 - 10/27

60W eq 8.5W $9
    40W eq 6W $8
    50W eq 7W four inch flood $10
    65W eq 11W five inch flood $10
    75W eq 14W $16
    100W eq 20W $19.78

Downlights $20

Four inch 50W eq 9W or six inch 65W eq 10W

65W eq 14W indoor flood $10

Outdoor wall light (Black) $30
    Silver indoor flush mount ceiling light $30
    Motion light (2000 Lumens) $70

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. rfruth

rfruth Well-Known Member

Good to hear tnx, guess Lowe's does know :Banane24:

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Al:

S little late but have you used any of the big 100W LEDs yet? I am finding both low wat. CFLs and LEDs are to dim to read small print under even when close up. A sign of age but I look for better lighting when reading fine print.

Wayne

4. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

5. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

I have a Cree 100W, so far it's pretty good with lots of lumens. Don't think it can go in an enclosed fixture though.

6. ALS

Hi Wayne.

The highest wattage LED I have is 9.5 watt (60W) Cree's.

Al

7. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

I actually bought a couple "40" led's from this sale. Then returned them. They're too bright for the bathroom where I need them. Like twice as bright as the incandescent 40's I was replacing. That's just not OK first thing in the morning. :eek:

8. ALS

I use one of those 6W (40W) Cree 's for a night light at work for the kitties. Thinking about it, the light is pretty close to the 15W CFL it replaced. I originally tried a 9.5 Watt LED but it was way too bright for the situation. It worked out for the best since 6W is better than 15W when you realize the light is on 100 plus hours a week.

9. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

Update on my Cree 3 way bulb I purchased a couple months ago: Went to turn the lamp on today, and nothing... Its dead. :(

10. aca2983

aca2983 Well-Known Member

I don't shop based on "watt equivalents" anymore since it is irrelevant. I look at lumens and color temperature. I prefer a whiter white, around 3000k or so, but not too "cool". I can't really do a "soft white" anymore because they are too yellow and render colors badly. I noticed this especially in my bedroom where I replaced the lights near my closets. Now I can easily tell the difference between dark brown, black and navy, whereas before I struggled. Better for reading too. I still use some soft-whites though, and I mix and max depending on the lampshade color and colors in the room to get the desired effect.

11. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

That sucks, those ones are expensive. Are you going to try to make a warranty claim?