Discount Tire double rebate

Discussion in 'Automotive Hot Deals' started by schuylkill, Jul 8, 2014.

1. schuylkill

schuylkill Well-Known Member

Thru July 12th some of the tires have a rebate from the manufacturer and a matching rebate from Discount Tires CarCare credit card. Yesterday I got the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 with $50 off instantly and two $70 rebates. I see today it is $25 off instantly. This tire was on my list and my current FuelMax's are in hydroplaning condition (not cool) so I pulled the trigger. If you need tires and find one you want with this deal I think it's a good one.
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d....do&fl=&pc=14623&counter=0&ar=65&rd=15&cs=195

2. JonNC

JonNC Driving Smarter Since 06/07/2011

schuylkill,

How are you liking the Ecopia's?

3. schuylkill

They are the quietest tire I have run and they glide forever. They out distance my very used FuelMax which I replaced. They are almost spongy compared to the Good Years. Going down the mountain at speed I have to take it easy, the side walls are very flexible. I even took some pressure out of them, not sure if that helps in that regard or not. I'm getting an alignment on Tuesday. My camber was way out up front, I got camber bolts and made a gage, removed the LF strut and tore it down and replaced it with the car on stands and now I think I have the front camber in spec. It made a significant difference in the stability feel at speed. I'm hoping if I get everything dialed in it will be perfect. Overall I'm pleased with the tires, definitely a different ride than the Good Years. They take bumps very well, soften things out. Now to see how many miles I get out of them. I got the rebate cards in two weeks, very fast. For $53.50 each I figured I couldn't go wrong.

4. JonNC

JonNC Driving Smarter Since 06/07/2011

Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure that I like the sound of soft flexible side walls.
    They lost me right then and there.
    :p

I've just found out that Continental has a new standard tire (LRR to boot), True Contact.
    If one can believe their ad copy it sounds like a great fit for my needs.
    I'm going to call around and see who has them (in my size...) locally and probably go from there.

5. schuylkill

The True Contact sounds like a great tire and it is reasonably priced. I've heard good things about them and they were recommended by two local shops. They are rated good for rolling resistance and I wanted an excellent rating or I probably would have bought them. Continental is also one of the few manufacturers that includes a one year road hazard warranty with their tires, very nice.

6. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Schuylkill:

Great deal!!!

Wayne

7. schuylkill

The past week had some tropical soakings in my area and it was my first experience driving in sheeting rain with these tires and I was very impressed. They hold the road very well, even going down the mountain road with its twists and curves. I am happy with these tires, the final test will be their longevity.

8. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Schuylkill:

Moving this to the Hot Deals forum. Not sure if it relevant today but it was still a hell if a deal.

Wayne

9. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Today and tomorrow only.

Up to $100 off a set of tires ("best" rated. 75 if "better" rated, 50 if "Good" rated)
    Up to $100 off a set of wheels.
    Use your Discount Tire credit card to double the discount. I signed up for the card yesterday.

==================
    My tires are a rare size 185-55-16, so if I get a set of 15" wheels I can get the same tires for cheaper (103 ea vs 132). Michelin Premier a/s tires. Better handling than Goodyear Fuel Max, plus MUCH better wet traction, for a similar price. LRR according to Michelin.

Stock 16" wheels weigh 17 lb. 15" Konig Helium wheels weigh 11 lb each.
    Regular price 16" tires, total for 4 = $508.
    Sale price 16" tires = $328.
    Sale price 15" wheels + sale price 15" tires = $408.

So, I can get tires for $180 off, or I can upgrade my wheels and get tires for $100 off.

10. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Well, the Michelin Premier A/S tires aren't actually in full production yet, and my size isn't available. Goodyear Fuel Max it is then, for roughly the same price.

I went in at lunch and made my order. The tires will be here Wednesday, the wheels will be here mid-March. :p