BC raising speed limits, strengthening stay right rules, and relaxing snow tire reg's

Discussion in 'Traffic and Safety' started by Mendel Leisk, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

2. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Re: BC raising speed limits, strengthening stay right rules, and relaxing snow tire r

I wonder where our highways minister has his head buried! Tonight we have two fuel truck in collision with a lumber truck on hiway #3 and on fire. The road is closed and it looks bad. Not sure how many deaths but the smoke is terrible and black. H

3. ksstathead

ksstathead Moderator

Re: BC raising speed limits, strengthening stay right rules, and relaxing snow tire r

Yes!

Ole Red, White & Blue has lost its monopoly on traffic law stupidity.

Now if you trade your health care for guns, you will be in great shape overall.

I guess even Canadian gas prices are too low.

4. Mendel Leisk

Spokespersons for trucking industry in BC have gone on record saying they will stay with their current self-imposed limits, either at or lower than the old speed limits, both for mpg and safety. Well, at least the sensible truckers.

Harold, in today's Province they said that accident occurred while one of the trucks was passing the other. Again, speed issues.

5. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Those trucks scare the devil out of me. They don't even slow done on the real bad corners anymore. I try to keep on freeways as much as possible. more room. H

6. Mendel Leisk

One night, pitch-black and raining like hell, pulled onto the freeway in Burnaby, doing the limit to placate the nut cases, within seconds it felt like my neck was getting warm from the truck's headlights, he was so close. Kind of like a wall with lights, right on our bumper. Could hear him. Stayed there for four-five minutes, then jumped to the middle lane, started tormenting his next victim.

I'd love to hear a transport minister address that nonsense, but just one look at the kid that's in there, it'll be a while.

We avoid the freeway now, go the Barnett Hwy. Being in North Coquitlam it's not out of the way. It's two lanes each way, lower speed limit, and apart from the (very) occasional nut everyone takes it easy.