Great car!""!!

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by debburyl, Jun 29, 2014.

1. debburyl

debburyl Member

Hello '''"I bought my Mirage in March and I love this car! And I feel that Every one needs this car to save on gas!!with gas over 4.00 a gal this is the answer to the Us problem. With HIGH gas prices.We need to support the Mirage instead of being Pro Honda and Toyota people. We took a trip in ours and got 48.9 MPG.the car was made for Good MPG Not a HotRod.this car has really helped me out:Banane51:

2. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

I'm pretty sure there's room for Mitsubishi folks alongside Honda and Toyota folks. You might be the first here with a Mirage. Welcome!

3. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, debburyl! Which transmission does your Mirage have? How fast were you cruising during that trip? I might consider acquiring a Mirage, if only it had a little more cargo space.

4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I like the Mirage ! But a hybrid is better for my city-type driving.

5. debburyl

debburyl Member

Hello :) when I got my Mirage I could only get a DE model and it's a sapphire. Blue with a Automatic. If I had better credit I would of got the ES model it has a feature for the driver seat that. You need for longer trips.I test drove the stick the sales lady didn't let me really test it. And that was at one dealership. But. AtGladstone Mitsubishi he let me test drive the Automatic with three people. And the sales man was pretty pretty big and we went up hills and on the freeway with No problem over the speed limit. When I took my trip I was doing 60&70. Also it has a split seat in the back for cargo, or put the whole seat down.or they. Have a roof rack you can get for this car.I plan on getting one for mine. I hope this helps.

6. debburyl

debburyl Member

With the cvt trans, auto, you barely press on the gas and you go like a hybrid. Its really neat.

7. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Glad you are happy with your purchase! Keep us posted, I suspect many of us are curious about this car and what the ownership experience will be like.

8. debburyl

debburyl Member

ALSO The warranty is the Best!! 10YEARS and 5 year 60.000!! With auto repairs So high this is a PLUS !!!!!!!

9. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Good to see that the warrantee is so good. Hopefully there is no monkey business like Mitsubishi used to play on warranties.

10. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

I'm glad such a car exists. We need more basic, no frills cars.

11. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

+1

12. RedylC94

Yes, I agree. The existence of "basic no-frills cars," would be less endangered if spoiled elitists didn't so mercilessly put down such cars, and by association, people willing to be seen in them.

13. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

My preferred type of car is radio, carpet, ac, and power steering delete. Manual windows, locks, transmission, etc...

...probably why I like hot rods.

14. debburyl

debburyl Member

:stickshift:that's. Why you don't get a gas saver and think its going to be the fastest car off the starting line.the mirage has all the goodies to enjoy :Banane59:

15. RedylC94

Of your items in that list, my present car has only the first two. I don't regret not having the others, except sometimes air conditioning. My next one will have air conditioning, and I may have to grudgingly accept some of the other stuff too, because it's hard to avoid these days.

My first car didn't have any of the listed items, although it was far from a hot rod.

16. debburyl

debburyl Member

That's one of the many reason why I love this car because a lot of these things are standard. Like AC. One time I bought a brand new focus and it was the basic. Model.but No AC.!what the sales man did to decive. Me was he turned the fan on full blast to trick me to think it had air.I didn't keep that car.the Mirage. Has that standard . At a lot better price

17. EdwinTheMagnificent

I would be fine with no A/C. But I do sometimes carry some passengers who would object.

Deb , you have a great car there. Please keep us posted on your fuel economy ? I'm interested. Also, for your own benefit, you can record your tanks here by clicking on "Mileage Logs" on your upper left.

18. EdwinTheMagnificent

Sounds like my 89 Civic Si, James. That car , to me, was a hot rod. I had a lot of fun with that car.

19. debburyl

debburyl Member

:Banane15 so far I get 44 MPG in the city and 48.9MPG on the freeway. And so far I have a little over two thousand miles on the car.so maybe when it gets more broke in it will get better

20. RedylC94

Yes, it will. Not only the engine, but also the tires will become more efficient. People tend to overestimate the improvement due to the former, and underestimate the latter.