Hey!

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by blacksnake, Jun 19, 2014.

1. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

Hello all,

I've just joined your community after a few days 'free loading' as a guest. I'm from Liverpool in the UK and I've been the proud owner of a 2003 Civic IMA for the past 7 years.

I stumbled upon y'all whilst searching the web for info on a couple of issues I'm having with my Civic. Namely, the IMA and CEL have been on for some time, also the valve clearances require adjustment because my engine sounds like a skeleton dancing in a biscuit tin! :eek:

Am I correct in assuming this is a US based site? If so, I'll try and translate any future posts from the "Queens English" to American!!??!! :D (I'm only serious)

Glad to be aboard,

Chris.

2. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Blacksnake,

Don't worry about us knuckle draggers over on this side of the pond. We are fortunate to have Google Translate so I'm betting we can get through the tedious task of translating the queens English into some thing we here in America can understand. :p

We have a few members from various parts of England so you should quickly feel at home here.

Al

3. Gord

Gord Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. I'm in the UK too and have been contributing for a few years. I'm in North Nottinghamshire and also drive a Honda but mine's the 6 seater FR-V.
    What kind of mpg are you getting from your IMA?

4. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

Thanks for the welcome guys...

I'm sure we'll all get along just fine Al, provided that is, that the USA get knocked out at the group stage of the World Cup like England have been....:mad: "Sigh!"

Gord, as for MPG, well I do a hell of a lot of 'city mileage'... Dad's Taxi through and through :eyebrow: so I get real s***y everyday MPG even for a hybrid... Just checked my 'Trip Meters' (just for you)

Trip A= 45.9mpg @1100.9miles

Trip B= 49.2mpg @7079.2miles

That said, motorway mileage is excellent. I don't have the exact figures for you but, I've done Liverpool to Essex round trip on a single tank more than once. Most notable was Liverpool to Folkestone (Eurostar to France) then Calais to Port-en-Bessin (near Omaha beach Normandy) on a single tank.... 530+ miles!

Rear-Guards

Chris

5. Gord

Gord Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for that Chris :)
    Keep posting!

6. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Hi Chris , and welcome. My daughter and her husband live in England.

England : where drivers are both skillful and courteous.

7. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

Courteous, yes. We have to be really because the vast majority of (minor) roads aren't wide enough for parked cars plus passing other vehicles. So it's a case of working together to get by... Or, a ONE OF US IS GOING TO DIE! attitude :D

Skillful??? Well we do have corners and bends on UK roads so I guess so...:eyebrow:

Thanks for the welcome

8. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Welcome and I hope you learn a lot with us here! It's a fun hobby.