Just got a 2014 V

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Family' started by carrmann, May 26, 2014.

1. carrmann

carrmann Well-Known Member

Just picked my wife up a prius v. had thought about it for a while... she doesnt care for the looks but she loves the mpg.

So any tips for maximum mpg with it? her best so far is about 51mpg on a 120mile trip on the highway (mountains too). :stickshift:

2. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Congrats! Keep us informed.

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Carrmann:

Great choice and great FE too!

Watch the aFCD vs. actual. My mom's v is a bit (as in almost 10%) optimistic.

Glide below 47 mph and warp stealth above when coming down grades. EV up to about 17 if traffic is clear and do not rely on the pack for anything but launch, cresting a hill to a glide, between read lights, and slower speed parking lots.

IHTHs?

Wayne

4. carrmann

Thanks!

aFCD vs actual? not sure what you are saying.

not sure what IHTHs is either lol

thanks though for the tips i did get wayne!

5. xcel

Hi Carrmann:

Sorry about that. My usual gobbly gook.

aFCD is average fuel consumption display. The mpg that shows up on your display.

Actual mpg is actual distance traveled (Google Maps) over actual gallons consumed.

Once you know the actual and compare to the aFCD, you will know how optimistic the display actually is.

IHTHs is "I hope that helps."

IHTHs :D

Wayne

6. carrmann

oh ok. lol.

i always double check my mpg with mileage traveled/gas consumed, i dont just rely on the avg mpg display, but its a good guide :-D

Considering we are coming off a 2008 saturn outlook that got about 21mpg, its a pretty big difference lol.

thanks again

7. carrmann

took it on a apprx 1200 mile round trip. hand calced was 46.2 on the way down (2 adults), 45.8 with 4-5 adults, 44.2 on the way up (4 adults). so pretty dang happy and impressed. thats with stop/go, mountains, and multiple stops.

8. xcel

Hi Carrmann:

Very nice indeed!

Wayne

9. echoman

echoman Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in the V. Any further info you can share about it?

10. xcel

Hi Echoman:

We moved to new forum SW so some of the stories are hard to find. The Review is up from 2012 but give me a few minutes to try and find it.

Wayune

echoman likes this.
  11. xcel