Just joined this forum

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by baxelsson, May 10, 2014.

1. baxelsson

baxelsson New Member

This seem to be a very vibrant forum. I am impressed. As guest for the last couple of days I have already gotten a lot of useful information about what to do and about the behavior of my 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 1.3 liter, which has a failing IMA battery. Seems there is no problem in still using the car. I will be asking specifics at the right place as I get further into this.
    In the meantime I will also look into timing belt or actually finding out if it has a chain instead. The owner's manual seem to have no answer as to which it has, which makes me think there is a chain. Does anyone know more than me? If so I like to hear....

Thanks!
    Bertil
    Louisville, KY
    Formerly SF Bay Area California

2. Welcome to the forum

3. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Hi Bertil , I'm Edwin , and I will be supplying you with opinionated drivel this evening.

As far as the timing belt , my Civic has a chain , but I believe your car has a belt. But a belt that's probably good for 100-110K miles. Hopefully some other owners of that generation can chime in with the true story.

4. moonshiner

moonshiner Member

Hi Bertil,
    The Honda Civic Hybrid 1.3L engine model is designated as LDA and it's based on/related to the L-series engine which uses a timing chain. The LDA also uses a timing chain as opposed to the same generation non-hybrid Civic (except for the Si) which stilled had the D-series engine that uses a timing belt.

Here are some specs for the HCH:
    http://world.honda.com/CIVICHYBRID/Technology/Specifications/index.html