Howdy All

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Barticusmax, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Barticusmax

Barticusmax New Member

:Banane06: Greetings all, Bart here. PA resident, 100 mile a day commute. Mad scientist type, Test Engineer/Field eng tech by trade.

Looking to learn as much as possible to improve my economy.

Pet Peeve= I can't go buy a reasonably priced electric car for 50 miles each way over 1 big hill. I know battery and motor technology pretty well, the technology is CERTAINLY out there Grrrr.

Recently acquired a 2000 Toyota Echo, currently averaging in the 40's (MPG) Have ELM327 and XP netbook with hokey software (no averaging).

Next step; software with averaging and a dedicated Arduino or Raspberry Pi for all my driving-educational needs.

2. Welcome to the forum

3. snakester

snakester New Member

Hi, I just joined this forum today. I'm looking to get my Yaris consistently over the 50mpg range. Been getting 44-46 w/out trying.

4. snakester

snakester New Member

What's up with this place? It seems deserted. I think everyone is on Ecomodder. I joined this one first but I doubt I'll be looking at it much.

5. I'm here. :Banane03:

6. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Welcome! I usually do not post a to much, but frequently stop by to see what I can learn. The folk here are a very knowledgeable and helpful. You will be able to acquire a lot to help yourself.

7. jbart

jbart Well-Known Member

Its been quieter here lately but lots of great info here. Glad to see the traditional small car small engine owner can get great mileage without too much work.
    I agree there is a demand for electric vehicles, but the smaller simpler models are still so expensive that they are luxury items. Most commuters would be happy with a reasonable second vehicle that was electric only but not for $30,000k +
    Hybrids didnt become the "standard". I read a review of the latest Accord Hybrid suggesting it should have been the "Accord", but maybe we will get there one day.