Quaker State and Hyundai’s Express Oil Change Collaboration

Discussion in 'Hyundai' started by xcel, Mar 2, 2014.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] The most affordable and efficient synthetic oil change available at a Hyundai dealership near you.

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - March 2, 2014

Quaker State Ultimate Durability – The most affordable low kinematic viscosity synthetic available to us.

I will post a story on Hyundai’s Assurance Car Care Express Service later today all the while the Quaker State Ultimate Durability is making itself known to more Hyundai owners than ever now.

Quaker State Ultimate Durability full synthetic motor oil is designed to deliver motorists a fuel economy savings of up to five cents per gallon compared to similar weight non-synthetic while providing unsurpassed protection against friction-related wear.

Quaker State Ultimate Durability Specifications

Column1Column2Column3Column4Column5Column6
    Viscosity0W-205W-205W-305W-5010W-30
    API/ILSAC RatingSN/GF-5SN/GF-5SN/GF-5SNSN/GF-5
    Pour Point (°C)-48-45-45-42-45
    Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt42.646.558.5109.563.9
    Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt8.48.710.518.710.8

Hyundai and Shell are partnering to promote Quaker State motor oil for Hyundai’s dealer network as part of a new lubricants program. Quaker State is a factory fill in Hyundai’s today and no one changes oil in Hyundai vehicles better than Hyundai dealership technicians. Beginning this month, Hyundai dealers participating in the Hyundai Lubricants Program will provide Quaker State branded motor oils for the vehicles they service.

Quaker State’s reputation is built on more than 80 years or product enhancement and continuous improvement while also offering a far better value than most engine lubricants available today.

One of its best attributes is a Heat Activated Additive. As your engine temperature increases, a heat-activated friction modifier, and anti-wear system kick in to maintain the oil’s wear protect. This advanced protective layer helps reduce metal to metal friction. A proprietary viscosity modifier resists shearing to help maintain the proper viscosity across the expected temperature range.

[​IMG]2014
    Quaker State Motor Oil Lineup: Defy, Advanced Durability, Ultimate Durability, and Enhanced Durability Synthetic Blend.

Some History

Hyundai and Shell have a global relationship that began in 2005.

More than 200 Shell Lubricants scientists around the world work every day to create innovative new or enhance existing product lines. One result is Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic Motor Oil, designed to deliver efficiency and protection against friction-related wear.

Hyundai dealers will be offer the entire lineup of Quaker State motor oil including Advanced Durability, Enhanced Durability Synthetic Blend, Defy Synthetic Blend High Mileage, and Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic Motor Oil for customers.

Hyundai cars and SUVs in the U.S. already have Quaker State references in the owner’s manuals and engine compartment. Dealerships will be encouraged to use co-branded advertising as part of the Hyundai Lubricants Program.

What’s in your Hyundai?

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sport

[​IMG]
    The factory fill is Quaker State.​

2. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Well I have been using this for a bit over a year and like it. 0-20. Its in everything I own that has a ICE. H

3. rhwinger

rhwinger Well-Known Member

Hi Wayne:

Couldn't find the 0-20wt in WallyWorld and was pressed for time before the last oil change. I'll try to plan ahead a little better next time. Do you know where this is this available besides Hyundai?

It would be cool to say to the sales clerk: "Yeah, I know the guy in the commercial." ;-)

Thanks,

Bob

4. xcel

Hi Bob:

Autozone might have it?

Wayne

5. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I bought some 5W20 Mobil 1 at WallyWorld yesterday. $25.17 for the five-quart jug.

They still sell oil by the quart ? Even soda pop is sold in metric sizes.

6. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Gasoline isn't.
    What's with the 5.1-quart jugs of oil that suddenly became common lately? That's not an integer number of liters either.

7. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I haven't seen those. Maybe I should look closer at the one I bought yesterday , it could be 5.1 !

8. xcel

Hi All:

Hyundai and Quaker State in the News again. :)

Wayne

JonNC likes this.