2014 Honda Accord EXL Hybrid Efficiency Question

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Bryant, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Bryant

Bryant New Member

Hello all! I am new to this site I have a 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid. Love the car! The city mileage estimate is 50 mpg and highway estimate is 45 mpg. In mixed driving I get 42-43mpg to the tank or roughly 600 miles to a tank.

I am wondering what others with this vehicle are achieving for mileage?

The 14 Accord Hybrid is similar to the Prius in how the car operates but also different. I have increased the door sill recommended tire psi from 33 to 39 to slightly improved results. I think the biggest hindrance I have dealt with has been the cold. I can see a negative difference in mileage on my route to work each day of nearly 5mpg if the temperature is at or below freezing. I can easily get 50-55mpg when the temperature is above freezing on my rural/city route into work or other places but I am wondering if I am missing more. I drive with a smooth style throughout my drives with the mixed gas/hybrid function on economy mode and then utilize the EV (full electric mode button) the last mile or so of my drive into the office or most places I am going if the battery is fully charged enough. Anyone with similar vehicles please let me know what strategies you are using to increase mpg.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bryant

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  2. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Welcome. I don't own what you have, but it sounds as if you are on the correct path. It takes time but if you watch what the car is telling you your fe will improve. A heavy foot is a killer with most hybrids. We have too change our old ways of driving in order to get good numbers. Can't be in a hurry. Have fun! H