XCEL, M SANTOS,tarabel etc, AMONG OTHERS where are they? what car are they using now?

Discussion in 'Honda Hybrids' started by fileaudio, Feb 21, 2014.

1. fileaudio

fileaudio heavy foot ultramegamiler

Im curious about some wise guys that use to post on this forum and I cant see them anymore, awould like to know more tips and tricks, about fuel economy, maintenance,hipermilling and things about my civic 2006 hybrid..... sometimes it seems Im alone here on the forum.. I guess its the way it works.. we come and go...

2. Re: XCEL, M SANTOS,tarabel etc, AMONG OTHERS where are they? what car are they using

You cant see xcel anymore???????

3. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Re: XCEL, M SANTOS,tarabel etc, AMONG OTHERS where are they? what car are they using

Uhh...the OP registered 3 days ago. I don't get it.

4. fileaudio

Re: XCEL, M SANTOS,tarabel etc, AMONG OTHERS where are they? what car are they using

Hehe I use to read this forum as a visitor, reading hipermiling facts even without knowing it at all. I have one month with HCHII

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Fileaudio:

xcel posts a lot here. :)

Manuel drives a Tesla S and Tarabell still drives her HCH-II.

IHTHs?

Wayne

6. fileaudio

hehe glad to read your response,,, i have read some interestings post from you.... Im arriving home right now with new IMA BATTERY, replaced under warranty.. they only charge me 220 dlls for a missing cover in the old battery,,, I guess i deserves the price. 43000 miles on my hchII , so they replace the pack, and coming home I notice, it never enter on regen mode never goes less than 5 bars on the SOc very stable , autostop working great and 68 mpg at the first 16 miles travelled,,,, after drive in the city it ended at home at 45 mpg 5 ars on soC, working great....

7. fileaudio

hey wayne... whats your ride now? I hope you made more interesting posts here

8. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

"....and anything else"...

He drives a LOT of different cars. Lucky guy !

9. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

Wayne bought the wife a Plug in Prius a few months ago if that helps.

10. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Does anyone know where Wayne is now? He hasn't been on the site since Tuesday.

11. EdwinTheMagnificent

Also , has anyone seen Waldo ? Or that confounded bridge ?

12. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Andrew:

After the final sales reports (still have to get the Ford HEV/PHEV/BEV numbers up), I got 2 hours of sleep and was on my way to Milwaukee for a flight to LA. It took off an hour late and I missed my connection in Denver so did not arrive until afternoon vs. morning. I had a meeting that I missed but rescheduled for the next day. When I landed, I picked up "the car", set it up and topped it off at a Shell just outside of LAX, and headed out into LA's infamous traffic nightmare.

Here are a few pieces of information I can disclose of a non-public special drive of a new hybrid for a possible manufacturers Guinness World Record later this year.

LAX to Needles, CA

[​IMG]
    Initial top off and traffic out of LA. 2.5 hours to cover the first 31 miles. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    Google Map route – 275.0 miles.

[​IMG]
    53.1 mpg to the Cajon Summit 84.7 miles in.

[​IMG]
    Final top off in Needles, CA -- 74.3 mpg and 268.8 miles displayed – 275.0 miles/3.707 gallons = 74.18 mpgUS actual.​

I got another 4 hours of sleep just outside of Needles before heading back to LA for that meeting.

After driving a Civic EX-L Coupe with the all-new CVT from LA to San Diego, I went to dinner with my wife and son, got back to Marian's apartment and slept for about 14 hours. :)

Wayne

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  13. PaleMelanesian

ahhah! I think I know what car that is. haha. ;)

That's a busy schedule for sure, Wayne! :eek:

14. fileaudio

that mileage is of the prius or the civic ex? whatever it is, it seem the cluster from a very well hipermiled car! 70+mpg? WTF...

15. EdwinTheMagnificent

fileaudio , he didn't say what the car was YET. Some of us may have a good guess, though.

16. PaleMelanesian

The shape of the A-pillar, the shape of the wing mirror and hood detail, the font of the mpg reading, and the actual mpg number all give me ideas.

17. mmrmnhrm

mmrmnhrm Well-Known Member

I'm guessing a new Prius... when I was comparing them to the HCH2 back in 2006, I sat in one in the dealer's showroom (they had none on the lot to test drive, natch) and thought it had a pretty comfortable seat/posture combination and the controls were pretty well laid-out, but half my field of view was blocked because the roof was so low. Second picture down gives me that same feeling all over again :(

18. fileaudio

he said ....After driving a Civic EX-L Coupe with the all-new CVT from LA to San Diego, I went to dinner with my wife and son, got back to Marian's apartment and slept for about 14 hours.
    well as my english is poor and I don't understand clearly the local jokes and stuff hehe..
    sorry Im just trying to comunicate

19. fileaudio

but indeed it seems like a Toyota shaped numbers..and cluster too. anyway he always makes the best mpg of a car...

20. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

Very nice indeed.
    I was hoping to catch a glimpse is a reflection for additional confirmation.
    I've got a few guesses of my own. Could be part of a bigger party as well in the fall? Hmmmmmm.
    We shall see.