New Guy with Sprinter Diesel

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by bobojay, Jan 30, 2014.

1. bobojay

bobojay New Member

Hey, just joined here and I'm reading my brain out. Honing my driving skills with a Sprinter 3.0 Bluetec diesel and a new Scangauge II.
    Will be asking a lot of questions....

2. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

Welcome, can't wait to see what you can do with the Sprinter.

3. thunderstruck

thunderstruck Super Moderator

Consider joining Fuelly too. There's not a lot of Sprinters on there, so the more data points the better.

4. Welcome. What do you use the van for?

5. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

If I lose my house, I will buy a Sprinter and live in it. As long as I can somehow get high-speed Internet and fit my plasma inside.

Actually , I'm in no danger of losing my house. The Sprinter would be a great way to take a several month vacation , especially if you want to stay a few days in each place.
    I could spend a LOT of time in Yosemite.

6. smart-za

smart-za Well-Known Member

Nice van. I took a short road trip with some friends in a sprinter once. There was plenty of space for five adults, their bags, and three wire baobab trees. It was comfy, quiet and way more powerful than I expected.

The owner of that particular sprinter is a keen enduro motorbike rider, and has spent nights in the back of the van in the middle of nowhere, with his wife and bike to keep him company. The bike sleeps in the back next to a big double mattress.

7. ksstathead

ksstathead Moderator

Welcome from a fellow Kansan.