Grid Charger and Discharger For Sale

Discussion in 'For-Sale/Wanted' started by Jess, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

I traded in my 2006 HCHII and now do not need the Grid Charger and Discharger. These are Mike Dabrowski's creations and they work together flawlessly. They are only 8 months old and are in like new condition. The charger is currently set up for an HCHII, but can be programmed for the original Insight, HCHI and second gen Prius. I'm asking $600 for both plus shipping.

There are pictures of the two at work in the Hardware Modifications section of the Gallery.

Thank you,

Jess

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

I'll take them.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

Just curious: what happened to the wiring harness, is it still in the Civic?

4. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

Eric, thank you! I have your email and will follow up you.

Mendel, you guessed it. Everything happened so fast that I didn't have time to remove it.

Jess

5. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

Eric, I sent you an email yesterday

6. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

These items have been sold.

Thanks,

Jess

7. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

Jess,
    I just received the package and it did not contain the harness!!!
    I can't even hook it up to anything!
    I especially wanted the Civic harness since they are not being made any more. For me, that's where the real value is in this setup.

How did you know it did not come with the harness???

Original post:
    I traded in my 2006 HCHII and now do not need the Grid Charger and Discharger. These are Mike Dabrowski's creations and they work together flawlessly. They are only 8 months old and are in like new condition. The charger is currently set up for an HCHII, but can be programmed for the original Insight, HCHI and second gen Prius. I'm asking $600 for both plus shipping.

There are pictures of the two at work in the Hardware Modifications section of the Gallery.

Thank you,

Jess

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  8. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

Eric,

Again, I apologize that you thought that the harness came with the grid charger. It is a separate unit and is sold as such on Mike's site. The reference to the pictures does specify the two units, grid charger and discharger. I also want to point out that Mendel noticed that I didn't mention the harness in my description and asked about it. I confirmed that the wiring harness did not come with the two units and this took place well before the sale.

Also, $600.00 is still $200.00 cheaper than what it was/is to purchase the two units without the harness. My thoughts were that that $200.00 could be used to purchase a harness to fit the buyer's car and the buyer still comes out ahead, since to purchase all three would have been $960 w/o shipping. Again, had the harness been included I would have said so and the price, higher than $600.00

I see on Mike's site that he has harnesses available. I would be willing to split 50% of the cost of the HCHII wiring harness plus shipping. The harness is $150.00. Your shipping zone according to Mikes' site is Zone 5 which is $26.00. That's $176.00 total. I can transfer the $88.00 back to you.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Jess

9. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

Mike has said he is no longer making harnesses but hopefully I can find one sometime.
    In the meantime this will simply sit in a box collecting dust.

Go ahead and refund $88.00.

If anyone else wants to buy a charger with NO HARNESS, please let me know.

10. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Make a harness it is not difficult. H

11. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

Eric,

I refunded the $88.00 back to you.

Thank you,

Jess