2103 VW Passat TDI A/T DSG Emissions?

Discussion in 'Emissions' started by bw61374, Sep 2, 2013.

1. bw61374

bw61374 Active Member

Can any one direct me to find out what kind of EMMISSIONS the 2013 VW PASSAT TDI A/T DSG puts out? When you fill out the MILEAGE LOGS there is question space that asks, EMMISSIONS, the drop down has several choices and I don't what they are talking about. Help, please?

2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Re: 2103 Vw Passat Tdi A/t Dsg Emmission?

Thunderstruck , can you advise Bruce on this one ?

3. wxman

wxman Well-Known Member

Certified regulated emissions for the 2013 Passat (both AT and MT) are available at http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2013/volkswagen_pc_a0070311_2d0_u2.pdf. Amounts measured in grams per mile are listed for NMHC (non-methane hydrocarbons), CO (carbon monoxide), NOx (oxides of nitrogen), and PM (particulate matter) in the basic FTP test duty cycle.

NMHC+NOx and CO are listed for two other "SFTP" (supplimental FTP) test duty cycles (US06 (aggressive driving) and SC03, similar to the FTP75 but with use of air conditioning). Note that NMHC and NOx are combined in these test duty cycles, so there's no way of knowing the values of each individually.

Here are the values of the regulated emissions for the 2013 VW Passat...

NMHC (FTP @ UL (120,000 miles)).....0.036 grams/mile
    CO (FTP @ UL).................................0.2 grams/mile
    NOx (FTP @ UL)...............................0.03 grams/mile
    PM (FTP @ UL)..................................0.002 grams/mile
    NOx highway (@UL)..........................0.01 grams/mile
    NMHC+NOx (US06 @ 4K miles)...........0.01 grams/mile
    CO (US06 @ 4K miles).......................0.0 grams/mile
    NMHC+NOx (SC03 @ 4K miles)...........0.01 grams/mile
    CO (SC03 @ 4K miles).......................0.00 grams/mile

Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are available on the fueleconomy.gov website.

Hope this helps?

4. bw61374

bw61374 Active Member

Thank you wxman. That answer, for sure, touches base on any kind of emission that the 2013 Passat TDI might have. I was looking for something more on the answer to the EMMISSION question on the MILEAGE LOG, VEHICLE DATA question, the suggested answers are;
    TLEV, LEV, ULEV, SULEV, LEV-2, ULEV-2, SULEV-2, PZEV, AT-PZEV, and ZEV

When I was registering my vehicle I came to that question (WORD) and didn't relate to any of the drop-down WORDS.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Be well,

5. wxman

wxman Well-Known Member

The 2013 Passat TDI is certified as ULEV 2 (listed under "EXHAUST EMISSION STANDARD CATEGORY" at the top of the first page of the CARB cert sheet I linked previously).

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

6. bw61374

bw61374 Active Member

Again, thank you very much. I didn't even know what the words meant, nor where to go to figure it out. You have been very helpful. And like you say, that ULEV II was right there in front of me. Good thing it wasn't a snake, eh?

Be well,

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013