Meet The All-New 2014 Kia Soul :)

Discussion in 'Kia' started by xcel, Aug 27, 2013.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

I think this new Hamster commercial says it all ;)

[flash]https://www.youtube.com/v/LsJiGF_Groo?version=3[/flash]

Wayne

2. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Administrator Staff Member

Cute. But it doesn't look all that different. And for the love of all that's holy, please someone shove a hybrid drivetrain into one of these things!

3. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

The rumors are flying that a Soul EV is under development, but nothing mentioned of the hybrid drivetrain. Since the Soul + and ! trim levels share their powertrain with the Forte and the three Hyundai Elantra variants along with the 2014 Tucson, the technology costs could be recovered by spreading it over some of the hottest selling cars from both companies.

4. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

That is well done!!! I like it.H

5. MaxxMPG

MaxxMPG Hasta Lavista AAA-Vee Von't Be Bach

I'm not sure if that's Peter Schreyer in the ad, or if a standin was used. If it's not Peter himself, they found someone who's a pretty good double. For those who aren't familiar, Peter Schreyer leads the styling direction for Kia vehicles.

6. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

But then they would be in the uncomfortable position of being compared to a Toyota hybrid. I sometimes wonder why any automaker (except maybe Honda) even bothers to develop hybrid cars.

I decided to click on that commercial even though :
    1) I hate hamsters and most rodents, and
    2) Where else could I hear Lady Gaga ?

Usually , the only way I could enjoy the creativity and yes, artistry that goes into TV commercials is YouTube. And since I really didn't have a clue about Gaga's "music" , I was curious to see what the big deal was. Lady , I think your "meat dress" was a good idea. It put the focus on your questionable fashion sense instead of your music.
    I'm not a fan of cars that are taller than they are wide (yes I exaggerate) but I have to admit the Soul does a lot of things right and has been very popular.

7. fishnrib

fishnrib Christian

They need to loose weight because they eat you out of house and home

[​IMG]

8. priusCpilot

priusCpilot George

I hope its not going to be as bad lady ka ka.

9. The Doctor

The Doctor Old Dude, New Car

WELL, since none of us, YET, have had a chance to sit in one, or drive one, everything we know about it is from pictures. Ever buy a car, from just seeing a picture of it? NOT ME!

But from the pictures, I share the opinion that she's too wide in the butt.

I'm so happy with my 2013, I have no real reason to even go look at a 2014.

I won't be looking at a trade till about 2019 or even later.

Cheers Mates!
    The Doctor :cool:

10. The Doctor

The Doctor Old Dude, New Car

Some dealers now have the 2014 Soul in stock and some have already been sold.

Several are shown now on the Kia Soul forum.
    To me, it looks pretty good, except for that Fat-Lady rear end.
    I never did like cars or girls with big rears.:rolleyes:

Doc :cool:

11. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

I actually think it's an improvement...though honestly, with any of these toaster-inspired cars, that's not saying much.

I don't see the big butt...seems a little smoother, more tightly integrated styling throughout. Like the interior too, looks much more upscale at least in terms of its aesthetics.

12. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member