Test drive with a Tesla

Discussion in 'General' started by CoasterToasterXB, Aug 8, 2013.

1. CoasterToasterXB

CoasterToasterXB Well-Known Member

I have been following Tesla for a while. Recently someone was driving a Tesla S near my house, and my mouth hit the floor. My wife set up a test drive for me. The car showroom was in a mall! The salesman gave me the in and outs of it before we got in the car. Andy the salesman was super nice. The car is stunning!!! I get into a dark, super trimmed out sport version. The car is a rocket!! The touch screen is bigger than my computer monitor! Once you start driving, you don't want to stop. The regen brakes take some getting use to! We took some curves like a champ. It reminded me of the slot cars that I had as a kid. On one long stretch of road, I launched to 70mph in a heart beat! The only thing that prevented me from going faster was the police and Andy the salesman. After the test drive I cried. Going back to my Wifes Toyota Camry Hybrid:(
    Things will never be the same:D

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

HI Coaster:

While the Tesla S is a modern supercar, it is not free of drawbacks. The next time you head out on a long road trip...

Wayne

3. ksstathead

ksstathead Moderator

I recently had my first EV drive, test driving an iMIEV. Seemed pretty peppy. I wonder which is quicker?

4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I actually saw TWO iMiev's in one day. One of them passed me on the expressway doing about 65 MPH. The other one was in a parking lot , so I was able to walk around it and take a good look. It's small and odd-looking. In other words , I LIKE it. Too bad there is next to no promotion and relatively few dealers for this car.