The PZEV duo

Discussion in 'My Ride' started by msantos, May 24, 2007.

1. msantos

msantos Eco Accelerometrist

Here are my cars.

My personal vehicle is the 06 Civic Hybrid bought last June. This car has proven to be the best/cleanest car I've ever had for our Manitoban winters. I am very impressed with it and it is a keeper for sure. As some may suspect this vehicle has been customized with quite a few very discrete mods, so when I say it is my personal vehicle - I really mean it :).
    In terms of fuel economy and like some things in life, it keeps getting better with time. ;)

[​IMG]

Now, whenever my wife's new HCH arrives (2007 Magnetic Pearl) I may update the photos to include the new addition.

Cheers;

MSantos

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

How come the wife didnt warm up to the PII?

I think if my wife would give a PII a try she would find she would like it as much as her current Accord. It has the room and such I think my wife would like.

psy

3. tarabell

tarabell Well-Known Member

MSantos Love your photos and I hope your second HCH comes very soon. Got to stay even with those ... those Prius people. ;)

4. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Priiple :eek:

5. msantos

Psyshack:

She found the interior ergonomics a little too different from what's she's been used to.

She complained about the outside shape of it, the dash and the instruments, the rear visibility and the absense of height adjustment for the driver's seat among a few other little pet peeves. We also managed to spot some minor scratches on some of the interior trim - not big stuff but noticeable enough when cleaning it.

I in the other hand love the car, but with these $4000 government rebates and the fact that the HCH2 MSRP is almost $8,000 less than a base Prius, have made the switch too good a deal to pass up. With the high demand that these cars now have around these parts, we're getting almost the same $ for the Prius that we spent it originally back in October. Besides, if my wife is happy then I'm definitely going to be happier too. A win-win in my book.

Cheers;

MSantos

6. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Thanks for the reply

Im trying to figure out how to get my wife out of the Accord. Heck Im trying to make myself accept CVT, drum brakes, and auto climate control. We both have hang ups I guess. I saw a used Insight the other day. but it had been ridden hard and put up wet to much. The fart can was a bad omen.

I wish we could get atleast one hybrid....

psy

7. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Psy - Don't forget that Toyota and Honda both have new offerings coming in the relatively near future. If you aren't fully satisfied with what's available now you might find better things later.

8. msantos

Well, we've had the new addition (2007 HCH) for a couple of weeks now. In total we waited well over 45 days for it to arrive from Japan. I hope Honda accellerates its China manufacturing of the HCH-2 to meet the demand. These wait times are not good.

Obviously, the 2007 Prius no longer sits on our driveway, instead it resides on its downtown stall since it became the company's new vehicle.

Anyway, my wife loves her new 2007 HCH... and even though I sort of miss having the Prius in the garage, I cannot complain too much because when she's happy, I am happy too.
    The mileage is not the greatest yet since (unlike my 2006 HCH) it has not broken in yet and she's still picking up the operational kinks of the new car. Her FE is not too bad either. She's has been getting a tank average of 43 mpg without doing anything exceptional.
    Still, she's itching to match and even stomp on my numbers. How do I know? Two nights ago, I opened the door to the garage at night to find her in my car checking up on my trip mileage from my return home ;) ... of course she admitted what she was doing with a smirk... I smell some sort of nasty competition ahead. :)

Anyhow, she's been reading Tarabell's article and she's really impressed with the content and the work Tarabell put into article.

Here's a picture of the "Duo".

[​IMG]

Cheers;

MSantos

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  9. tarabell

tarabell Well-Known Member

I've said I can’t wait for the day I hear about a husband and wife competing for FE on their cars. If my husband ever got interested and say bought a Prius...oh. There would be War of the Roses II.

I’m delighted she peeked at your mileage and I’m sure you’ll help her out, right? Right? Or she can always sign herself up here and I’ll be happy to PM her some tips. Heh.

10. msantos

Hi Tarabell;

Oh yes, I've been giving her little tips whenever she appears ready for them. For most men it is hard to tell what "the right time is" as well as the "right way to do it". Being sensitive and "aware" does not come easy to some of us :eek:... and most of the time, I let her ask me first. I also do such things as switch the mileage trip display to something else while she's riding on the passenger seat of my car... so as to not get her depressed when she glances at the numbers. If she does see my numbers, I do not gloat or even mention them... and if she asks how come I get such numbers, my primary excuse is that the 2006 HCH had its break-in and is easier now on FE than when it was new. Everytime she sees me doing something she asks why and I explain - so far, each explanation has been producing a "click" effect, and that is trully exciting.

I also feel she wants to get used to the car first (thick A pilars, headrests, and other attributes) before focusing on any form of FE goals. So, I'll be patient for as long as it takes. Roughly 14 years ago, we used to race against each other on Sega Rally arcades. If was a blast every single time and this time we're gonna get to play for real, although this time it will be for FE. I don't expect it to be like a "War of the Roses" but it more inline with our competitive and playfull gaming experience.

Maybe one day she'll sign in and say Hi. I'll just let her call the shots whenever she's ready.

Cheers;

MSantos

11. Sledge

Sledge I like owls with captions

While they're both driving, they should be playing "Dueling Banjos" from "Deliverance" on the radio :D

12. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Msantos:

___Can you take a pic of you and your wife standing in front of or behind your two Hybrids so I can set it up for “Ride of the week” sometime this week? We haven’t seen a two-hybrid family hit the front page yet ;)

___PM or E-Mail me at Waynegerdes@CleanMPG.com if you would like me to promote that :)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

13. msantos

Sure Wayne.

I'll discuss this with my wife and we'll see what we can come up with. We've had some overcast weather around this parts with a few F4 tornados. We'll likely do a little shoot as soon as things calm down a little.

Cheers;

MSantos