2012/2013 Prius PHEV-11 Improvements

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Family' started by xcel, Mar 29, 2013.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

I just got home and have to run again.

The Prius PHEV has expanded modes that will surely be part of the next Prius hatch, c and v when they receive their larger Li-Ion's. Really improves city launches and high FE. More later.

Wayne

2. xcel

Hi All:

First charge of the PHEV-11 allowed 12.7 miles in high 20 degree temps last night. Not great but doable.

Wayne

3. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

That will do for 90% of the days I use the car. Damn I had better check these out! Now I have to try and figure what each charge cost in my area. H

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  4. xcel

Hi Harold:

I like it for the short trips but in Marian's case, it will give her a little bump from the 20 mpg she is currently receiving in the FSP. Hopefully she can average 60 to 65 mpg???

Just plugged it in for its first measured charge here at home. At the plug, the PHEV is drawing 1.295 kW at 10.9 Amps.

Wayne

5. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. H

6. CmaxVsPrius

CmaxVsPrius Moderator

7. xcel

Hi Harold:

You are welcome.

CmaxVsPrius, probably due to the charger and charge port costs to add maybe .3 kWh on average?

She consumed 3.73 kWh at the plug for her first measured charge from empty to full. Now I can go to church, grocery store, the post office and back for < $0.40 USD and not a gallon consumed. My favorite kind of trip :)

Wayne

8. priusCpilot

priusCpilot George

Isn't it liberating!

About charging the hybrid battery, I always though it was not good for the life of the battery so better left for the car to control?

9. xcel

Hi All:

A few more data points...

This was the dealership tank including driving around the Bronx, Long Island and finally out to her first top off in Ohio on US 30 somewhere. No place to get a charge and none was provided from the dealership.

[​IMG]
    Highest point East of the Mississippi on I-80 three nights ago.

[​IMG]
    Not bad for a regular Prius with a big pack.​

Wayne

10. xcel

Hi All:

10.0 mile RT from Home to Church to the USPS and back home again this morning. She consumed 2.25 kWh at the plug.

Wayne

11. priusCpilot

priusCpilot George

Just a little over half. Seems like 18 mile range is possible ?

12. xcel

Hi PriusCpilot:

Have been out over 20 miles with one but that was in much warmer temps...

Wayne