JotD Man Injured As Car Ploughs Into House

Discussion in 'Hero and Jerk of the Day' started by Gord, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Gord

Gord Super Moderator Staff Member

A man was seriously injured when a car crashed into a house in Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK.

[​IMG]

The Audi TT is thought to have left the road, hit a vehicle on the drive and smashed into the northern corner of the home in Long Meadow Walk.

Emergency services were called to the scene, at the road's junction with Uplands Road North at around 1.45am on Sunday, and found a man in his 20s trapped in the vehicle.

Read more

2. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Amazing powers of deduction these news people have. I can tell that much just from looking at the picture.

- TT is embedded in a house. Clearly it left the road.
    - BMW in drive is damaged and directly behind the TT. Most likely the TT ran over it.
    - Again, TT is embedded in a house. I'd say it hit hard enough to be considered a "smash".

3. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

That makes sense. I was wondering if the house moved and crashed into the car. Your conclusion seems more logical though.

4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I wonder how he managed to get airborne. Mebbe someone posted a video on YouTube.

5. PaleMelanesian

We need Russia-style dashcams. Then we could see it from multiple angles.

6. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Yes, and they also have an amazing tendency to blame the vehicle for single-vehicle crashes, as in this case. Cars inexplicably just decide to leave the road, never are driven off by inattentive or reckless drivers. Evidently that happens in the UK, as well as in the U.S.

7. PaleMelanesian

Yes. Of course it has nothing to do with "a man in his 20's" driving a red sports car.

8. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

Anyone want to assume that there was a night of consuming large amounts of alcohol prior to this accident.

9. herm

herm Well-Known Member

Here is the US we would have said "plows into house", crazy Brit spelling!.. no alcohol!, probably texting his girlfriend.. or if its friday afternoon sending pics of his willie to get her in the mood.. ahh kids today! :eek:

10. Gord

Gord Super Moderator Staff Member

Ha ha Herm ;)

Seems to be contagious!

[​IMG]
    Man's car ends up on neighbor's roof in California

Read more