Cool Video of the Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xcel, Jan 9, 2013.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] This is an absolute must see!

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - Jan. 9, 2013

Saw this on an LA Times feed... And what a vid!!!

A pod of approximately 1,000 dolphins began a stampede more akin to a wildebeest migration across the Serengeti rather than something you would see in the dark blue Pacific Ocean waters off Dana Point, CA about half way between LA and San Diego.

According to those on the Whale watching boat that captured the embedded video to the right, it happened twice this past weekend. Once on Saturday afternoon and again on Sunday morning.

Dave Anderson, the captain of Capt. Dave's Dolphin and Whale Safari: "It's one of those things you can hope for it, but you can't plan for it. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of beautiful and interesting things on the water..."

"Suddenly, like someone fired a gun," he said, "they're off and running."

"Are they afraid? Are they chasing after something? Why are they doing this? I know they're not running away from the boat. It seems like they're responding to something but I just don't know what it is."

"It's quite a magical experience."

Best video of the day?

BillLin and Jay like this.
  2. Gord

Gord Super Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely incredible - I've only ever seen dolphins in captivity :( but have swum with manatees which was fantastic :)

3. greendriver

greendriver Well-Known Member

Very Cool Video. Thanks for posting Wayne.

Here in North Florida we see dolphin almost every time we go out on the water but I have never seen more than 10 in a group and it's usually only 2 or 3.

I've swam and been pulled by trained dolphins in the Keys and swam with and touched wild dolphin in Panama City, Fl.

They are truly some of God's more awesome creations.

4. xcel

Hi Gord and John:

That is what I thought when I saw it too!

Wayne

5. xcel

Hi All:

Today's video deals with the upcoming Corvette C7 and Hitler's rant. It is a bit racy with adult language so do not begin unless you can stomach that kind of thing?

Wayne

6. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Here is a great video that has gone viral.

7. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Wayne , I wonder who bankrolled that video ? They went to a lot of trouble. A Corvette owner's group ? Bob Lutz ?

Funny as hell , though.

8. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

"Ford built tough" taken to the next level in a 1993 Ford Aerostar van.

9. xcel

Hi All:

A Google/Audi promo vid but it was cool nonetheless.

For a driver, in-car technology provides several benefits including safety, access to local map content and more efficient ways to reach a destination. To help drivers safely discover local destinations, Audi has teamed up with Google to enhance their navigation system. See how Audi is bringing Google Maps and Google Earth to its drivers.

Wayne

10. xcel

Hi All:

Tangled and Wounded, Dolphin 'asked' Hawaii Diver for Help

A dolphin tangled in fishing line sought the help of a diver in the waters of Hawaii earlier this month. The video shows the diver, Keller Laros, spending the better part of eight minutes tending to the dolphin.

Keller was leading a group of snorkelers for a manta ray dive experience off the Big Island's Kona International Airport when the dolphin sought him out for help.

Keller Laros:
    Wayne

11. xcel

Hi All:

It is the Super Bowl time of the year so what kind of vids will make "Vid of the Day"?

Super Bowl ads!

VW Teases Super Bowl XLVII Advert

What do you think?

Wayne

12. xcel

Hi All:

Hyundai's "Excited" ad for the Super Bowl...

With 429 hp, it's a little easy to get carried away in the Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec. See for yourself at Hyundai Genesis.

Wayne

13. xcel

Hi All:

A cool one for sure thanks to Audi!

"Prom" (Worth it) – Audis’ 2013 Big Game Commercial

A slightly insecure teenager is unhappy about going to the Senior Prom without a date. But when his Dad lets him borrow the new Audi S6 for the night, he gains more and more confidence with every mile, arriving at the Prom a changed young man. You'll have to watch to see if his newly found bravery pays off.

Wayne

14. xcel

Hi All:

Kia's well thought out 2014 Sorento commercial called “Tight Space” has been playing for a while already. It features the 2014 Kia Sorento CUV with folding mirrors and power liftgate in a very unique commercial highlighting parental creativity when a determined father make the slimmest parking garage space manageable while his skeptical wife and children look on.

Created by David&Goliath, “Tight Space” spot was directed by Peter Darley Miller and Colin Jeffery.

For the Super Bowl, Kia is doing something altogether far cooler with a spot called "Where Do Babies Come From". After watching the teaser, you just know this is going to be good!

For generations, inquisitive young minds have asked the burning question that all parents dread. A question that leaves many moms and dads stumbling to find the right words to carefully, and sometimes creatively, navigate the most delicate of situations. This February 3, with more than 100 million people watching, Kia will tell the story that hasn’t been told as a flustered father shares an epic tale with his curious young son from behind the wheel of the new 2014 Sorento CUV.

Scheduled to air in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLVII and directed by Jake Scott, “Space Babies” reveals the existence of a faraway planet known as “Babylandia” and follows infant boys, girls, dogs, pandas and more on their journey to Earth to join their new families. After taking it all in, the curious child begins to offer an alternative theory passed on by a friend but his quick-thinking father calls upon UVO’s voice-activated jukebox feature to hurriedly change the subject and survive another day in the adventures of parenthood.

Michael Sprague, Exec VP of Marketing & Communications:
    Created by David&Goliath, KMA’s advertising agency of record, a special expanded version of “Space Babies”

“Space Babies” will air on more than 33,000 screens nationwide beginning on February 1 as part of ScreenVision and National CineMedia’s FirstLook. “It has an answer for everything” is a fully integrated marketing campaign incorporating TV, cinema, digital, print, social media and in-dealership components.

Wayne

15. xcel

Hi All:

VW released their Super Bowl Advert… Come on get happy :) :) :)

2013 Get Happy Volkswagen Game Day Commercial

Wayne

16. xcel

Hi All:

If you are a fan of "The Big Bang Theory", you might like Toyota's RAV4 commercial for the Big Game...

Wayne

17. xcel

Hi All:

Hyundai’s Super Bowl Advert. Some of it, especially near the end is really really good ;)

"Stuck"

Wayne

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  18. xcel

Hi All:

Hyundai Canada has a great one called “Gaspocalypse” setup just for the Super Bowl…

MAD MAX meets the Sonata Hybrid and the Hybrid Wins :D

Weekend Warriors a little too far indeed ;)

Wayne

19. xcel

Hi All:

Kia's "Space Babies" is finally out and it is pretty cool ;)

Wayne

20. xcel

HI All:

Following on Mike's Leopard seal pic of the day, here is an amazing vid of a National Geographic photographer face to face and when I say face to face, I mean in its jaws close!

Wayne