Pic of the Day: 2012 Kia Optima Hybrid in Flowers

Discussion in 'Kia' started by xcel, Oct 19, 2012.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

Pic of the day and although goofy, we have not said much about the Kia Optima Hybrid in a while ;)

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Wayne

2. The Doctor

The Doctor Old Dude, New Car

The flowers aside, what's being said about the Kia Optima now???
    Curious minds want to know.

Doc :cool:

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Doc:

The 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has shown up on the Hyundai consumer website with the 2012 specs being displayed. Kia is still showing the 2012. The EPA site does not have any of the 2013's (Sonata or Optima) hybrids and none hybrids even listed even though the 13 non-hybrid have the exact same drivetrain and EPA as the 2012's. The EPA data file still shows a stick being certified for 2013 from both companies yet neither offers a stick. The details were supposed to be released over a month ago and we (actually I) may be the only one in the world actually waiting for the new release.

So all in, there are no details on the "upgrade" being hinted about and I am still under NDA about these same upgrades.

I also continue to worry that Hyundai/Kia may cancel the hybrid's altogether as Nissan has with the Altima even though there was an increase in its capability from both a drivability and fuel economy standpoint :(

Wayne

4. The Doctor

The Doctor Old Dude, New Car

Well, there has always been some car, on or off the drawing boards that has tweaked the fancy of the auto enthusiast or Gearhead.

In the late 50's, it was the Firebird III, from GM.
    (sorry, I can't find that picture)

In 1966 the Olds Toronado stirred up a lot of attention, for FWD cars.
    I did have one of those.
    [​IMG]

It was a total Monster, compared to anything on the roads today.

Today we do have the Tesla, the VOLT, etc. and it will be interesting to see what's coming down the line from the worlds auto makers.

One company, with a weird name, is making a total Solar Powered car, pretty much all made out of Carbon Fiber. But it's a full size car and a beautiful one at that.
    http://fiskerorlando.com/content/2012-fisker-karma-stock-number-001098

The lack of spendable cash is all that's keeping me from owning one.

Y'all have a great Thanksgiving now, Y'hear?
    The Doctor :cool: