Is it the same for your camry ? see my video

Discussion in 'Toyota Camry Hybrid' started by Guygo159, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Guygo159

Guygo159 New Member

Hello

Would there be anyone who could give me any explanation concerning the 3 minute long delay where the electric propulsion is not available at start up even if the gas engine is warm and was running a few seconds ago?

Thank you for viewing and giving your comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8C2lrWgK3k

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Guygo159:

That appears normal as you are incurring a stage 4 warm-up. When you shut down the car after it was warm and immediately started it back up, not all conditions for EV driving have been satisfied. If you were instead to allow it to sit while in D and maintain your foot on the brake, it will eventually shut down. At that point, it has again reentered into S4 and you are good to go.

At least that is my experience although I have not restarted a warm HSD in seconds after shutting it down to experience what you did. I know that beginning with the 10 Prius, the S1 - S4 have been tweaked allowing for improved fuel economy even when you have not reached NOT but there are still stages. If they are not satisfied, you will be drinking fuel like a drunken sailor even if you do not want to.

IHTHs.

Wayne