Welcome mazda3mike

Discussion in 'Start Your Journey Here' started by Chuck, May 6, 2007.

1. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

mazda3mike,

I think you were at the Live Green Expo in Plano, Texas and just got a 2008 FEH?

Hope I got this right?

2. mazda3mike

mazda3mike Well-Known Member

WOW! Nope, not me, I'm in Maryland. What's an FEH?

3. mazda3mike

mazda3mike Well-Known Member

So the forum says I should post details about my car and commute, here goes...

Car: 2006 Mazda3 5 door, 2.3 L 4-cylinder engine, 5 speed automatic with manumatic shifting. It's the "s Touring" model, which is not supposed to come with a trip computer. Fortunately, there's a simple (trivial, really) hack that unlocks that feature. It provides instantaneous mpg, average mpg, distance to empty, and average speed. I also have a Scangauge II.

Commute: 26 miles each way. The first two and last two miles are secondary roads, the rest is limited access highway and interstate. This is in the Balto-Washington corridor, so there are extremes--sometimes (rarely) things flow smoothly, or you might just go from 65 to a grinding halt for no apparent reason, and then crawl for 4-5 miles. It's fairly hilly, lots of up and down, very little where it's totally flat (I had never noticed just how hilly it is until I got the Scangauge). Oh, and most drivers are impatient and angry, especially if you hang out in the right lane doing the speed limit or less.