Long time no post OR bought a PriusC

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Family' started by ATL, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ATL

ATL Well-Known Member

and I love it. I think I started to understand the car on the last tank and pulled down 60.84mpg (with a fair bit of A/C use to boot )

just thought I would stop in and say hello :woot:

-ATL

2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Welcome back and congratulations!! You've acquired a very nice vehicle and I'm sure you'll get years of efficient joy from it. :D

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Aaron:

How totally cool! Pics when you can too ;)

Wayne

4. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Congrats and a great choice! H

5. ATL

ATL Well-Known Member

prius C3 moonglow. Windows tinted with 30% IIRC... whatever the darkest legal tint in IL is and Enkei RPF1 wheels (9.8lbs :eek: ) (long story on the wheels, but its safe to say the dealer gave me a great deal on the wheels)

Attached Files:

6. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Nice. Enkei made the Honda VX and HX wheels that were equally lightweight.

7. Right Lane Cruiser

Good looking car, Aaron! Looks like you've got just over 1700 on the car?

8. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

I took a 200 mile trip to Nashville, TN today and saw 2 Prius C's on the way down and about 5 around Nashville. That seems to be a pretty heavy saturation for a new model.

Congrats on the new car!

9. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

welcome back :) nice upgrade! i still came back with my old ride at least =]

10. ATL

ATL Well-Known Member

Good to see a lot of familiar faces. I just added another tank, 60.8 MPG (onboard computer said 63.0 MPG)

Still learning what I'm doing with this hybrid/CVT with around 2500 miles on the clock.

11. Xringer

Xringer Older Member

I saw an amazing MPG post today..
    [​IMG]

It's at: http://priuschat.com/threads/you-c-guys-need-to-step-up-your-mpg-game.112707/page-2

I wonder if that was a 706 mile trip down a very long hill.. :eyebrow:

~~
    We had a fill up back on July 6th. We still have about 1/2 a tank.
    Hope to get back there and use that same pump in early September.
    Even if it's still got a couple of gallons left, I want to see how the
    calculated compares to the MPG readout.

12. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Administrator Staff Member

Honestly, I want to know what it takes to get an ECO score of 100/100 ;).

13. Right Lane Cruiser

Hi, Rich -- we've got members here who have done better than that in a second gen Prius -- you just have to stick to lower speeds and really work the HSD optimally.

Matthew, I'm always suspicious of "ECO scores" simply because the manufacturers obviously don't really understand what makes for max mileage. I can see this in my LEAF with its ECO circle on the dash (building little trees). I can drive with exactly the same power consumption in D as I do in ECO but the range remaining estimate is higher and the ECO circle is more completely filled in ECO. Similarly, the car immediately docks my range the same amount when I put on just the fan as it will when the AC is turned on... just because the climate control is on. :rolleyes:

14. Xringer

Xringer Older Member

I like that ECO graphic. I can easily see it from the passenger seat, and measure the exact Pb content of my wife's right foot.. :eek:

I'm pretty sure that I could hit 86.1 MPGs for a few miles.. But, could I do that for 706.4 miles? :eek: Not in a million years!
    Getting that kind of MPG, for that many miles, impresses the heck out of me!
    (Of course, I'm one of those folks who thinks that 60 MPGs is really good).

15. ATL

ATL Well-Known Member

86 mpg is pretty good!

I'm sure I could do that if I didn't have the commute that I have (I suppose I could take some really bizzare route (time wise) to get to/from work and get better MPG... but I dont care to have an hour + commute each way)

my last tank was the best so far at 63.1

16. xcel

Hi ATL:

The Prius c can be driven to that level of FE on the Interstate! Add to it the local 100 + mpg levels and 86 is as simple as just driving it ;) You can do it!

Good Luck

Wayne

17. ATL

ATL Well-Known Member

was that a challenge Wayne? :)

18. xcel

Hi ATL:

Sure :) Now go getter done :D

Wayne