Today's posts don't always show

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by Gord, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Gord

Gord Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi all

Not a major issue but I've noticed that some posts don't always show on the list when I hit Today's Posts. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm on my laptop or iPod - I just miss some posts sometimes as the only way to find them is to click on Fuel Economy Forum them Daily Grind then the thread from there.
    I'm not sure why but it happens a lot with Daily Grind (where I happen to post a lot :D)

Has anyone else found this?

Otherwise - great site, vist multiple times each day - keep it up guys :)

2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

Hi, Gord -- there is a recent caching change with many more modern browsers that is causing a bypass to the correct search mechanism. Before I changed the code slightly it caused a lot of people to get invalid search code errors. What browser are you using?

The posts should eventually show up if you wait long enough before hitting the new posts link again. I don't seem to have any issues with Firefox but Safari certainly has a problem with it.

3. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

If today's post doesn't work try New Posts. I am on multiple devices and browsers and that is what I do.

4. Gord

Thanks Sean - I use Firefox 13.0.1 on laptop and Safari on iPod. It's happened with both.
    msirach - I'll try New Posts thanks. Edit: - just tried new posts and none of mine showed up but Today's Posts worked fine!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  5. herm

herm Well-Known Member

Your new posts wont show up because you have seen them already :)

6. Gord

aha - that makes sense :D - I still prefer Today's Posts