CRASHED my Electric Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Street and Performance Bikes' started by Ben_Nelson, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Ben_Nelson

Ben_Nelson Active Member

It was a sunny spring afternoon, when I tested the limits of electric vehicle design, physics, and human flesh….

It’s summer already, and you may not have seen me around the usual web forums as much lately. I definately haven’t been quite as busy working on clean transportation projects. If it feels like I’ve been hiding a bit maybe I have.

You see, I CRASHED my electric motorcycle.......

FULL REPORT at my personal blog.

The good news, the bike is fine.

I, on the other hand.....

2. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

WOW! Bummer! I'm glad to hear that you're healing. Good luck! I broke my hand about 20 years ago and it still aches occasionally.

3. alvaro84

alvaro84 Homura-chan's selfishness

:( Get well soon!

Something must be in the air.

I did the same this morning, just not with a camera mount, but Ciliegia's normal parts. But the main thing is the same: it lifted the wheel and we (Ciliegia and me) were scratching along the road quite a few meters. My suit protected me, Cilieagia however lost her front right footrest, and I also successfully scratched the new exhaust pipes :( Damn.

Of course I did it with shiNIN's bike, not my own. I'm devastated :(

4. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

I'm sorry you had to go through that, Ben. :( At least it is something you know how to prevent next time and you are healing!

Alvaro, I'm glad you are okay as well!! Better the bike than you, that's for sure.