Discussion in 'PHEV or Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle' started by bear15, May 16, 2012.
Does the 4k IL rebate work for the PIP?
Wow -- that's a pretty big state incentive! I get none at all here in MN.
I suspect it is tied to the size of the battery (as the Fed. tax rebate is), but I haven't seen any documentation on it and don't have any idea where to look for it.
Implication is no, it won't qualify, though the Volt will. But it may just mean it was written prior to the PiP release.
its 80% of the cost premium, up to $4000.. the state decides what the cost premium is. You only pay $18 to register the car.
The complete list on the DOE site:
details on what is eligible:
I believe there is an FAQ on that site that describes how its calculated. You probably should contact Darwin Burkhart, the guy that administers that program.
Here is some information I received after talking with Darwin Burkhart.
Contact: Darwin Burkhart
Phone: (217) 524-5008
Fax: (217) 557-2559
1. This is the person to speak with to give definite answers as of 5-16-12
2. Problem #1: IL only awards up to 1 million dollars per year. They already have $750,000 in application requests, they are likely to run out of funds before we apply.
3. Problem #2: rebate checks are very slow in arriving to customers.
4. Problem #3: vehicles must be purchased in IL. PIP are not yet available for sale plus Darwin said they will not qualify.
5. Problem #4: conversion kits must be purchased and installed in IL. Plus they must be installed by an approved business.
Separate names with a comma.