Prius C Question

Discussion in 'Toyota' started by linux4ever, May 6, 2012.

1. linux4ever

linux4ever New Member

I test drove a Pruis C and a regular prius. Love both but could not locate an instantaneous fuel economy guage on the "C" model. Does it have one ?
  2. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Yes it does. If you toggle through the display and trip buttons, it will appear.
  3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Linux4ever:

As Mike said, it is there. You have to cycle to the 5-minute consumption display and you will see it on the right. The following shot was pulled directly from the Press Kit.

2012 Prius c Preview

5-Minute Consumption and iFCD.​

4. Xringer

Xringer Older Member

Saves money on a new Scan Gauge! :)

We've been waiting for the 2013 Kia Rio SX (or maybe EX) with ISG, and it seems like for a bit more money,
    my wife could keep on driving a Toyota. Maybe a Prius C Two..?.
  5. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart Member

i have a two and am loving it!! just saying... lol.
  6. Xringer

Xringer Older Member

That must have cost a pretty penny, for a pair of them..
    (I've heard you don't get any quality discount, unless you buy three or more).. :D

I'll have to get my wife over to the dealership for a peek and maybe a test drive..
    Now that gas prices are going down a bit here in MA, maybe there won't be
    a long line for the test drive C.

The more I read about the C, the more I'm starting to like it.
    My wife loves playing computer games on her Kindle Fire,
    maybe she can get into the MPG game on a C 2.?.
  7. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

I've heard you get a quality discount with any number, but you don't get any quantity discount unless you buy five or more.
  8. Xringer

Xringer Older Member

Yeah, and when you do get it, it's a very low quality discount..
    Nothing like the high quality discount that I get for being a senior citizen..
    (Or, is that because I wear a Citizen watch? Humm, I ferget)..

Anyways, I've spoken to the boss lady and she's getting very interested in visiting the Toyota dealership.
    We hope to get over there this week and see what they look like in person..
    Some of the reviewers are saying the 'C' stands for Cute..?. :eyebrow:

Got some news about the Rio ISG..

"Worse still, at $18,800, the 2013 Kia Rio with ISG fitted is a only $150 cheaper than the base-level 2012 Prius C One. "

Maybe with the nice rear hatch window in the C, one doesn't need a neat back-up camera.?.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  9. herm

herm Well-Known Member

You cant buy a Prius C One, its a fleet model
  10. Xringer

Xringer Older Member

11. xcel

Hi All:

Everyone should be careful when comparing the Prius c on price or mpg alone. From an interior perspective, the North American variant has one of the cheapest interiors we have ever seen in a car whereas two of its key competitors, the Rio and Accent, have the best in the B-Segment ranks.

American's do on average spend almost 11,500 miles/year or over 300 hours/year within the confines of their vehicles. It is but one consideration for those considering a c-2, c-3 or c-4 as their very own.

On an mpg basis, there is no comparison and we should all weight that highly on the purchase decision meter for a total cost of ownership perspective.

On a resale basis, I suspect the c will outdistance every one of its competitors 3, 4, 5 or more years down the road as well.

My largest single fault with the c is its interior cheapness and no matter what trim or color you choose, little is going to change this fact.

B-Segment Interiors

Accent – Still a B-segment offering but one of the best overall.

Rio - A little cheap around the Radio area but otherwise nice overall.

Sonic - Displays appear low rent but the upper IP is actually good. HVAC controls plastics fall apart a little here.

2 - Spartan and cheap but functional.

c – The displays are nice but the IP is really bottom basement.​

12. herm

herm Well-Known Member

Ohhh.. snap it up!

never mind, I was wrong.. the C-1 is a standard model, the two has cruise control and a split rear folding seat.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  13. Xringer

Xringer Older Member

We took the C-1 for a test drive.. Super nice! Loved the EV mode!
    (I drove on the way back to the dealer, after EVing around the HomeDepot parking lot a while).

Anyways, they can swap that C-1 for a C-2 from another dealer..
    The sales guy is going to tell us our trade-in $$ and color choices for a new C-2..

Re: That comment above: "cheapest interiors we have ever seen in a car"..
    We drove to the dealership in a 2003 base model Corolla, it's interior isn't as nice as the C-1.. (IMHO).
    Heck, the C has power windows!
    Maybe dashboard beauty is in the eye of the Car-Guy?? :D

And when riding shotgun, I didn't feel like I was sitting down in a hole (as in the KIA Rio)..
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  14. xcel

Hi Rich:

Congrats and do not forget to consider the c-3 while you are still in negotiation mode.

15. WriConsult

WriConsult Super Moderator

I'd go for the c-2 if you can without getting clobbered. That bench-folding rear seat on the c-1 is going to hurt you at resale. Not being able to split-fold the rear seat while transporting a child is a HUGE drawback. Non-split-fold in hatchbacks and wagons pretty much disappeared after the 80s when they made it illegal to transport children in the front seat.
  16. Xringer

Xringer Older Member

I think the C-2 is the one we want. Not too much higher than the C-1 and it's got all the stuff we want.

While in EV mode, buzzing around town, I didn't notice (or could not hear) the ICE come on..
    And the battery SOC display wasn't dropping real fast.. So, it must have come on a few times.?.

On flat roads, what is the approx range in EV mode, before the ICE kicks in?
  17. xcel

Hi Rich:

If you milk it, a little over 1.25 miles from almost full but that is not how you get big numbers or should drive your future Prius c. Use EV in parking lots, light to light, sign to sign and up to ~ 15 mph from any stop but afterwards, get that engine running efficiently ASAP. One Two bars above the threshold is a good place to target.

18. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

are you sure about that, Herm ?

Edit : Never mind. I was respondong to Herm's post from 11:06 this morning.
  19. EdwinTheMagnificent

I'm going against the current here and telling Rich to get the 1.
  20. EdwinTheMagnificent

My research indicates that 93% of Prius c buyers have no children.