Make ScanGauge even Better?

Discussion in 'Ford Hybrids' started by VietVet'67, Apr 30, 2012.

1. VietVet'67

VietVet'67 Well-Known Member

I know that owners of the ScanGauge II love it - but couldn't it be even much more useful if a small change were made?

I would venture to say most have 'Gauges' set to come on when you start up. Love the 'Gauges' and can't get enough of them. I own a 2005 FEH AWD there are only four slots on the gauges page now, and trying to figure out which gauge I will have on start-up each time is a conundrum. I have a suggestion I think that would make a great leap forward especially for Hybrid owners - that suggestion is have a second set of four gauges that could be anything, RPM, MPH, GPH, SOC, TBV (traction battery voltage) - - - either or both ICE or EV gauges.

Really - how many times do you need or use the upper left button on the home screen 'Scan'? It takes up a lot but gives very little in return to be taking up a hard button where it could be a soft one under 'More'?. Why not copy the code for 'Gauges' over to that button and call it 'Gauges 1' and change 'Gauge' to 'Gauges 2' and move the 'Scan' function under 'More'? You could have one screen set up for ICE related gauges and the other for EV or both for ICE or EV. Re-program the 'Home' button to be a toggle between the two when you are on one of the 'Gauge' pages and if you really wanted to go 'Home' then hold it for two seconds or so to go to the 'Home' screen.

To me the 'Scan' function is not a highly of a used feature and if you did need it - well it would be under 'More'.

What do you think and if you like it do like me and go to the 'Contact Us' and choose 'Comments or Suggestions' under 'Subject' - maybe if enough ask for the change and told how it would really help and that the 'Scan' function would not be any trouble finding under 'More'

Just a thought - Phillip
  2. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Philip, I like your idea. Why not send an email to Linear Logic ? I'd imagine they want feedback from their users.
  3. VietVet'67

Thanks for the accolades Edwin - I have already and if we can get some more - like yourself - to email them a remark at their 'Comments and Suggestions' saying something like 'I read on CleanMPG where one of the guys had suggested - - - I also like the idea and think it would be great' - or something to that effect.

Yeah feedback from the consumer - us - goes a long way in what they do and the more they hear about the same thing then the more likely it will be implemented.

Thanks - Phillip
  4. worthywads

worthywads Don't Feel Like Satan, I am to AAA

At some point the scangauge may become equal to 0.08 blood alcohol impairment?

Let's not get the scangauge banned. ;)
  5. VietVet'67

I thought of that but some have two or up to four ScanGauges daisy chained now and are monitoring them - that is why I suggested that while in a 'Gauge' window the 'Home' button be a single push toggle between the screens. We do it all the time, pushing buttons, on the NAV system - one more shouldn't change things. - Phillip
  6. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Phillip:

That is not a bad idea. The SG-e has a feature in which one of the buttons cycle the two displays to another parameter set whereas the other button cycles a single display like we are used to.