Carfax worries

Discussion in 'General' started by uRabbit, Apr 28, 2012.

1. uRabbit

uRabbit Well-Known Member

Trying to sell our '07 Focus with a rebuilt title. I am thinking that letting the Carfax be displayed may hurt the potential sale of this vehicle even more...

Here is the Carfax report: http://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?report=775BEDDFA23D9CA16F265441CBE87F84

1) Notice the mileage discrepancy alerts? Must be a clerical error, as there are no actual mileage discrepancies... What can I do about this?

2) Also, it says that there was 'severe damage' reported since we have been the owners. This is not true. Have not reported or had any severe damages...

2. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

I haven't had that trouble with them, but I would try to contact them to clarify/correct their claims. If I were a buyer, there are too many red flags.

3. Blackbelt

Blackbelt Well-Known Member

Contact them but be prepared to get frustrated. On their best day, carfax sucks. They had a mistake on the record of a car i owned, and it appeared when i tried to sell it. The buyer bailed on me because of it, as he figured i was a liar because the almighty carfax said my car had 3 owners when i was in fact the second owner of the car. Carfax refused to change anything unless i submitted a bunch of notarized paperwork and States records, all at my expense, and then they took almost 3 months to make the change after i submitted all the documents. They were rude and unhelpful every step of the way. Anyone who pays money and relies on carfax is wasting their money. There are other services that are much better and much more accurate.
    Best of luck and i hope you have better luck with them than i did.

4. Kurz

Kurz Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a Carfax running?
    I want to see if Carfax Messed up on my Report too... (Been trying to sell it only 1 person came to see it) Just 3 Phone calls in the span of 5 months.