newbie with a new kia optima hybrid

Discussion in 'Kia' started by dudley4, Apr 23, 2012.

1. dudley4

dudley4 Member

Well it took 4 test drives for me to jumped into the hybrid game and love it. The optima has size, weight and best of all looks. Very happy :D with the 39.4 mpg on the first tank. ( 729 miles and 18.5 gals ) not too bad for 50 / 50 tank of C/H driving, thats 10 morning cold start and 10 late afternoon starts. hope to see more as the car get the miles added on it. Dave.

2. Kia_SocialTeam

Kia_SocialTeam New Member

Hey Dudley.

Thanks for taking the jump with Kia Motors America. I'm really excited for you and your new Kia Optima Hybrid. The Optima is one of my favorites, and I hope you like it as much as I do.

If you ever need anything, or have any questions, we're here to help.

Also, you probably know that Kia offers an industry-leading Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program which you can learn more about by selecting "Warranty" at the bottom of the page at Kia.com.

Enjoy your Kia!
    Kevin
    Kia Social Team

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Kevin:

Online forum thread replies should not sound like an ad ;)
    Kevin, I could not have said it any better myself!

Dave, you have one hell of a car and I know you are going to love it!!! :D :D :D

Did you purchase the Convenience or Technology package with yours? I really like the HID’s (lower night time power consumption), panoramic sunroof from an exterior looks perspective and the leather interior looks and feels so comfortable. I like the base Optima hybrids UVO system (best I have used to date), comfortable seats in all ambient temperatures and I really like both vehicles Proximity key. Having the ability to open the front doors from either side and lock them with the small button embedded in the handle is one of the best features I have ever used in an automobile and better than others proximity key systems.

Did I mention that it looks “Kick @$$” hot too ;)

Let us know if you need anything else and please read up on some of the threads the new Optima and Sonata Hybrid owners have posted in the last two months or so. Good stuff indeed.

Wayne

4. dudley4

dudley4 Member

Hi Wayne, I got a satin metal with black base optima, the only thing that I would have like to have was the panoramic sunroof. The base is a loaded car as you said. I have been reading on this site and other for sometime. I went to the local car show and was blown away at fit and finish and needed to test drive one, they filled it up and gave me the keys (fob) a for 24 hours. The car a new 2011 only produced 28 mpg. 2 months later the 2012 started showing up and same test drive only produced 33 mpg, still not happy. 2 more test drives and here I am. Thank you all, for the info. Dave

5. Kia_SocialTeam

Kia_SocialTeam New Member

Hey there!

Sorry - I did not mean to "sound like an ad!" I was just really excited about the purchase. As Wayne mentioned, you have one heck of a car - and Satin Metal looks very smooth in my opinion.

I'd suggest becoming familiar with the UVO Powered by Microsoft Infotainment System. Play around with it, you'll see how it gives you control of your personal devices through the in-car connectivity. It is a cool feature.

Again, congrats on your new Kia Optima.

Best,
    Kevin
    Kia Social Team